aberdeen-music

Adam Yauch (MCA) has died.

Triple Trouble is such an underrated song. I might even go as far as saying it's my favourite BB song. "STYLE SO NEW YOU BE LIKE WHAT???"

Check Your Head is just the most ridiculously complete record. Of all time. ALL TIME!

Gutting news. I really hope The Beastie Boys don't carry on without him. What a pioneer. He always came across as such a great guy in interviews, and all the causes he supported. Truly one of the good guys. I'm going to blast the fuck out of my Beastie Boys records tomorrow. Fuck the neighbours. If they don't come and join in me celebrating the life of Adam Yauch, then they are fucking chumps, and they can go eat a bullet.

I might be a little drunk. I'm sure Ill still agree with all of this tomorrow though.

• Upvote 3

'To The 5 Boroughs' is an underrated album in general, I think. So good.

I don't think I'd like them to carry on without him either. Under a different name, perhaps, because I imagine they'll both end up writing lots about him and I would like to hear that.

If your neighbours kick up a fuss, please remind them that MCA fought for their right to party and they are disrespecting his memory by fighting against the party.

• Upvote 1

I thought his quote "reports of being me being cancer free were wildly exaggerated" was some kind joke/play on words, especially as a new album came out straight after that. To think that record whilst cancer was eating away at him is exceedingly overwhelming.

MCA.jpg

What a massive fucking dude.

From the AdRock on their tumblr...

tumblr_m3mkgcJiNW1qdzlqpo1_500.png

as you can imagine, shit is just fkd up right now. but i wanna say thank you to all our

friends and family (which are kinda one in the same) for all the love and support.

i’m glad to know that all the love that Yauch has put out into the world is coming right back at him.

thank you.

This is pretty excellent if you've got a spare 45 minutes.

Most fun ever.

(I apologise in advance for my inevitable video spamming here for the next while...)

At 38m 17s there's a shot of me in the crowd.....

Jungle Brothers & Bentley Rhythm Ace supported. One of the greatest gigs I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

392508_10150889667668945_18279403944_9528676_1003934883_n.jpg

I know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.

Mike

This is pretty excellent if you've got a spare 45 minutes.

Most fun ever.

(I apologise in advance for my inevitable video spamming here for the next while...)

I was at that show, it was good, but the sound in that video is way better than I remember it being. I also saw them at the SECC for the ‘To the 5 Boroughs’ tour, think I preferred them on that occasion. And at T in the Park one year, they made a horrible day much more tolerable.

The news of MCA dying really upset me actually, being an old fart they have been around for a significant part of my life and I kind of hoped I would see them live again at some point.

I always remember the first time I heard them, in The Other Record Shop on Union Street, ‘Rhymin’ and Stealin’’ came on full blast, that Bonham intro sounded incredible and I loved them from there on in...great music but also a fantastically humorous band with cool little reference points...love the Star Trek outfits in the ‘Ch-Ch-Check It Out’ video...

• Upvote 1