aberdeen-music

Idiot Converge Fans with more money than sense......

medichi

Don't know much about the artist oir band, but can tell you why the cost is so high,

Glicee Prints are great quality pieces:

"The Gicle printing (pronounced "ghee-clay") process was born in the early 1990's as rock musician Graham Nash & and his associate Mac Holbert uncovered a new capability of the Iris inkjet printer called the 3047. These early machines had been developed for digital graphic proofing but it had not occurred to the manufacturer that its equipment could be adopted by artists as a digital method of fine art printing. In 1991, thanks to Nash's vision, the world's first digital fine art atelier opened its doors."

Since this early beginning, the technology in equipment, media, inks and craftsmanship have advanced immeasurably. A gallery owner I know has recommended a fine art printer to me who does Gicle printing. The prints are produced on quality watercolor papers, much like an original painting. This gives each piece a similar look and feel to an original work of art. The mediums used are acid free, 255 gsm Somerset velvet enhanced mould made paper. Because no screens are used, the prints have a higher apparent resolution than lithographs. The dynamic colour range is like serigraphy. In the Gicle process, a fine stream of inkmore than four million droplets per secondis sprayed onto archival art paper. The effect is similar to an air brush technique, but much finer. The inks are pigment based, not dyes like an ordinary ink-jet printer uses. The six Gicle printing colors can produce up to 16 million colours. Image permanence is a concern to artists and collectors alike. The time span increases up to 200 years when using these special pigment inks as they are extremely fade-resistant.

Other artists who are now producing Giclee are Roger Dean, and Mark Wilkinson. Roger did the iconic Yes and Asia covers of the 70's and 80's. Mark is a phneomenal artsist and did a lot of 80's album covers including Judas Priest, Marillion, Iron Maiden, Peter Gabriel, and did a lot of the Donnington Monsters of Rock logo's and artwork. Course I'm biased as Mark also did Jo McDafferty's album Games for One, anyone interested in seeing this and findiong out more about Giclee, check out

www.the-masque.com

cheers

Stuart

Guest Nikola Tesla
if these are all his work' date=' why doesnt he design their album covers? its Derek Hess that does their artwork right?[/quote']

Jacob bannon does all of converge's art work :up: . if thats what you were enquiring about.

Guest Nikola Tesla
* ponders *

If I sell my kidney on E-bay' date=' I could make atleast 200...

But then theres shipping costs, and conversion of money from pounds to dollars, and no doubt twelve ton of other hidden charges.

Hhhmmm...[/quote']

If you got one of them. Id have to murder you for it :bat:

• 1 month later...