aberdeen-music

Drummer Needed!!

Guest Vis

Hey there - are you a drummer? If so, we need you!

One Winged Angel are an Aberdeen based band(average age 20), and we've been playing for 8 months or so. I don't think we fit particularly in any given musical genre - we have a melodic sound incorporating aspects of punk, various kinds of [whatever]core, indie-rock, blues... with hopes of introducing electronic keyboard elements somewhere. We've written a few songs already, with plans to record in the pipelines. We want to play gigs eventually too - looking at next summer possibly.

We need a committed drummer for practice at least once a week. Experience is definitely preffered; ability with a double-bass pedal is good for us too. Possesion of your own kit would be awesome. Flexibility is key here - we need big, we need subdued, we need pace, we need everything.

We've tried a couple of drummers already, but commitment/ ability problems have always got in the way. Basically: we need someone who wants to play kick-ass drums and is serious about being in a band. Surplus requirements: a fun personality. That's it.

Interested? Private message me, Vis, or email me here.

Thanks!

Alright, I've PM'd all involved. Hope to hear back from ya all soon!

To anyone who may be thinking of showing interest, I wanna stress that we lean more to the harder side of rock. We've got a million influences, but I think it's the hardcore that comes through most. I say this because a few people have asked about suitability and have been put off by minor comparisons. Don't be afraid - we just wanna rock!!

Vis

Update...

...we're still lookin' people - step on up. We've started trying out people already but we're open for one and all to try. We've seen promise already, so bring it on. All drummers with a little aggression to give - bring it to One Winged Angel!

Vis

Bump.com!

Still looking peeps... I'm in pure disbelief there's such a grave shortage of sticksmen out there!!

I don't think its so much a shortage, as a lack of drummers within the style you'd like. I myself don't really like the music your interested in making. Which is completely unchangable, and no slight on you.

There isn't much you can do if no drummer with an aptitude for the kind of music you want to play is about, I know the same thing from trying to form a band!

True. Maybe I'm not making our style(s?) clear.

We ain't a 'hardcore' band. We ain't 'indie'. We aren't 'punk' either.

I have no idea what where we fit or what tag could be put upon us; which is always a good thing. The only consistency in our music is aggression - it's definitely always there. But don't judge us according to that, seriously. We just throw a little of everything we like into a melting pot.

Output - I dunno. You need to hear us.

But don't let this distract from the point: we still want to try out drummers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just a pointless post to say the position has been filled, thanks to all who put in interest and effort for us. Much appreciated!! Hopefully see you all at a show sometime.

• 2 months later...
Hey just a pointless post to say the position has been filled' date=' thanks to all who put in interest and effort for us. Much appreciated!! Hopefully see you all at a show sometime.[/quote']

Hey again. We need a drummer once more, commitment is proving a major problem for our sticksmen! If you need a description please check previous posts!

Get in touch!

www.hadou-ken.com/owa

im a drummer not in a band looking to be in a band......dont want to be big headed,but im wicked!!not sure im any use to you,but i might be.depends what kind of stuff you play.id need to hear it first like,then make my mind up about it.

if you like the stone roses..then im perfect!! if not..im still perfect...

Hey there - are you a drummer? If so' date=' we need you!

One Winged Angel are an Aberdeen based band(average age 20), and we've been playing for 8 months or so ... We want to play gigs eventually too - looking at next summer possibly.[/quote']

[bOLLOCKS]Gigs in the summer!?

Bloody hell, by that time you'll have been a band for over a year. Get the finger out and get a support slot, or everyone's getting death hugs!

:p[/bOLLOCKS]

Good luck in finding a drummer! :up:

• 3 weeks later...