aberdeen-music

iPod / itunes help

Lemonade

My itunes crashed earlier as I was in the middle of updating the ipod, I had to Ctrl Alt Delete it while the iPod was connected and rather stupidly pulled the ipod out, and it's wiped my ipod. I have like 80Gb + of music on there and I really really can't be fucked cataloguing it all again. Anyone know is there any way to restore it back to an older version or something? My music is all stored externally so I can't just re-sync it.

Also now when I connect it to the PC, iTunes just freezes up and dies. I fear something terrible may have happened. I'm downloading the laterst version of itunes to see if it helps. It was working fine this morning so it seems odd that it would be that.

Yeah tried that. It has gone right to fuck, when I connect it it freezes up iTunes and I can't access the iPod on My Computer as it freezes that up too. Connected it to my girlfriends laptop and I can get into it via My Computer on that machine, and it shows 84Gb used, so the music is still on it.... so fuck knows because when I switch on the iPod it says its blank.

Yeah tried that. It has gone right to fuck, when I connect it it freezes up iTunes and I can't access the iPod on My Computer as it freezes that up too. Connected it to my girlfriends laptop and I can get into it via My Computer on that machine, and it shows 84Gb used, so the music is still on it.... so fuck knows because when I switch on the iPod it says its blank.

Which USB sockets are you using to connect the iPod to, try one on the back of the machine connected to the motherboard rather than the front ones, that can be underpowered.

Have you tried installing iTunes on your girlfriend's machine?

When you connect the iPod on your machine, have you checked it is showing up on device manager? It may be that the driver for the iPod has become corrupted, so if you connect to your machine without iTunes on, then uninstall the device in device manager, If asked delete installed files, disconnect your iPod, uninstall iTunes and reinstall then try connecting your iPod again.

Which USB sockets are you using to connect the iPod to, try one on the back of the machine connected to the motherboard rather than the front ones, that can be underpowered.

Have you tried installing iTunes on your girlfriend's machine?

When you connect the iPod on your machine, have you checked it is showing up on device manager? It may be that the driver for the iPod has become corrupted, so if you connect to your machine without iTunes on, then uninstall the device in device manager, If asked delete installed files, disconnect your iPod, uninstall iTunes and reinstall then try connecting your iPod again.

It's funny, when I connected it to mine, it froze iTunes up and froze Explorer when I tried to get into it that way. When I first connected it to my girlfriends, I could get into it via Explorer so I installed iTunes on her computer, now when I connect it to her it freezes up iTunes and Explorer... it's obviously some issue with iTunes recognising the device, fuck knows what though. Also it's weird it says it's blank but when I get into it thorugh explorer all the music is on it.

Point for Jake. I meant Windows Explorer. And I do use Chrome :)

Latest update - I had no choice but to restore it back to factory settings and it is now working again. Unfortunately being that big I had no room to back it up first so I just bit the bullet and formatted it, then went to plug in my external hard drive, which has a backup of my iPod on it, plus all my music in neat tidy folders, so I could transfer it across. Unfortunately when I plugged that in and switched it on, it blew the circuit breaker in my house. Three times. So that's fucked it would appear. Which means having formerly owned around 1500 albums, I now own 7, which is just some albums that were randomly on my laptop. My music collection now consists of the new Jack White album, Weezer's "Death To False Metal", two Florence & The Machine albums (that I don't like), The Black Keys "El Camino", the Machine Gun Kelly EP and the Best of Depeche Mode.

Fingers crossed it's just the power supply for the hard drive that's fucked, either way I don't have any cash to buy a new one until next weekend anyway, so it's 7 albums for me.

• Upvote 1