aberdeen-music

has anyone had their valve amp serviced by r&b?

unbroken

I have a Peavey 6505 that is in need of a service and a revalve as I'm looking to sell it soon. Dunfermline is too far to take it considering I don't drive, so I was wondering if people would recommend r&b to do the job I require.

Or if anyone has any other recommendations, it would be amazing. Thank you.

hey there, if I remember right, the 6505 is exactly the same as the 5150 and should just be a drop in, no rebias needed like the mesa's. As long as you order valves from somewhere like watford valves and tell them the amp, they can pick ones that are matched for the amps plate voltage. I had a bias mod done to my 5150 by dennis marshall to warm it up. But before that all I had to do was replace the valves with correct matched ones.

• Upvote 1

hey there, if I remember right, the 6505 is exactly the same as the 5150 and should just be a drop in, no rebias needed like the mesa's. As long as you order valves from somewhere like watford valves and tell them the amp, they can pick ones that are matched for the amps plate voltage. I had a bias mod done to my 5150 by dennis marshall to warm it up. But before that all I had to do was replace the valves with correct matched ones.

After some reading, you are correct, it is the 6505+ which has the adjustable BIAS, whereas this one is fixed like MESA etc.

But still needing it serviced. Need a tech to look it over and give it the OK before shipping it off to someone else.

Out of interest, any one have a link to that thread about the chap from The Deportees having his amp ruined?