aberdeen-music

Wildhearts Live Album

Afro Droid

The Wildhearts comeback continues , with a live double album recorded across eight venues on their recent tour. 'The Wildhearts Strike Back' due for release on Gut Records on 25th October.

Tracklisting looks good:

CD1

1 - I Wanna Go Where The People Go

2 - Greetings From Shitsville

3 - Top Of The World

4 - Vanilla Radio

5 - Caffeine Bomb

6 - O.C.D.

7 - Someone That Wont Let Me Go

8 - Nita Nitro

9 - Caprice

CD2

1 - Girlfriend Clothes

2 - Jonesing For Jones

3 - Suckerpunch

4 - Beautiful Thing You

5 - Turning American

6 - Weekend '96

7 - My Baby Is A Headfuck

8 - Loch Ness Interlude

9 - Cheers

10 - Nothing Ever Changes But The Shoes

11 - Dangerlust

12 - Love U Til I Don't

13 - Dont Worry About Me

They're supporting The Darkness on their UK arena tour too. God bless The Wildhearts!

Yes, the Guitar Wolf tribute album is what you speaketh of, The WH are on there covering 'Wild Zero'. It's called "I Love Guitar Wolf Very Much", also features The D4, The John Spencer Blues Explosion, Snuff and Puffy Amiyumi and others, is released on Ki/oon Records. I haven't been able to find it at a reasonable price, and the internet is no good, as I can't read/speak Japanese. I'm not like Guitar Wolf, I'm not cool, I can't even play guitar.

Guitar Wolf are the lifeblood of rock.

Yes' date=' the Guitar Wolf tribute album is what you speaketh of, The WH are on there covering 'Wild Zero'. It's called "I Love Guitar Wolf Very Much", also features The D4, The John Spencer Blues Explosion, Snuff and Puffy Amiyumi and others, is released on Ki/oon Records. I haven't been able to find it at a reasonable price, and the internet is no good, as I can't read/speak Japanese. I'm not like Guitar Wolf, I'm not cool, I can't even play guitar.

Guitar Wolf are the lifeblood of rock.[/quote']

I have a burned copy of it that isn't as pleasing as the original with the artwork and all nae doubt but still pleasing on it's own. I might be flyering on Saturday so I could drop a copy in past there or past the Moorings on Friday if wanteth? Didn't you mention burning a CD of a rock n roll band with a transvestite singer for me quite a while back? :)

I have a burned copy of it that isn't as pleasing as the original with the artwork and all nae doubt but still pleasing on it's own. I might be flyering on Saturday so I could drop a copy in past there or past the Moorings on Friday if wanteth? Didn't you mention burning a CD of a rock n roll band with a transvestite singer for me quite a while back? :)

YES! I would sled blood (my own or another's) to get a copy of said tribute album, artwork or no artwork. I'll burn the Lee Harvey Oswald band for you and take it on Friday!

Joy!

Holy Fucking shit! A Guitar Wolf tribute album?! Is the D4 track Invader Ace or is it something else? D4 are good. Are D4 dead now? Anyway' date=' good news for all the young punks. Who plays bass for Wildhearts now? Is it Buc?

[/quote']

I can't believe you haven't heard of this foo'!

Garage rock is no longer cool, so The D4 now recieve no press, it makes sense that their cover is 'Invader Ace' though, I not for sure. John Poole from The Cardiacs (who are also amazing) is the WH current bassist.

I was just going to start a thread on this tribute after speaking of it to Sharon last night but here's the tracklisting for interested parties:

01.The D4 - Invader Ace

02.The Hellsquad - Kawasaki Z Li 750 Rock 'n' Roll

03.Porch Ghouls - Fujiyama Attack

04.Cato Salsa Experience - Planet Heart

05.J.Mascis & The Fog - Cyborg Kids

06.The Wildhearts - Wild Zero

07.Autoramas - Energy Joe

08.Jim O'Rourke - Kaminari One

09.The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Kawasaki Z Li 750 Rock 'n' Roll

10.Snuff - Jet Generation

11.Lightning Bolt - Planet Of The Wolves

12.Puffy Amiyumi - Can-Nana Fever

Bit strange that the same song's on there twice non?

I was just going to start a thread on this tribute after speaking of it to Sharon last night but here's the tracklisting for interested parties:

01.The D4 - Invader Ace

02.The Hellsquad - Kawasaki Z Li 750 Rock 'n' Roll

03.Porch Ghouls - Fujiyama Attack

04.Cato Salsa Experience - Planet Heart

05.J.Mascis & The Fog - Cyborg Kids

06.The Wildhearts - Wild Zero

07.Autoramas - Energy Joe

08.Jim O'Rourke - Kaminari One

09.The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Kawasaki Z Li 750 Rock 'n' Roll

10.Snuff - Jet Generation

11.Lightning Bolt - Planet Of The Wolves

12.Puffy Amiyumi - Can-Nana Fever

Bit strange that the same song's on there twice non?

Looks fookin' ace! 'Cyborg Kids', 'Fujiyama Attack', 'Planet of Wolves'! All classics.

Track 10 takes me back...*tear*

I like Guitar Wolf very much. I recently bought the other Guitar Wolf film (that is, not Wild Zero), 'Sore Losers'.

It's not actually a Guitar Wolf film, but they are in it. Members of the Oblivians and the Makers play the main roles. Guitar Wolf crop up as Men In Black (the dangerous semi-alien kind, not like Will Smith) and mainly just laugh and drink beer. There is a very good bit where Guitar Wolf (the man) burns Mike Maker's face with a laser beam from his eyes.

What of 'Red Idol', does anyone own that? That is a true Guitar Wolf film. I have never seen it.

I like Guitar Wolf very much. I recently bought the other Guitar Wolf film (that is' date=' not Wild Zero), 'Sore Losers'.

It's not actually a Guitar Wolf film, but they are in it. Members of the Oblivians and the Makers play the main roles. Guitar Wolf crop up as Men In Black (the dangerous semi-alien kind, not like Will Smith) and mainly just laugh and drink beer. There is a very good bit where Guitar Wolf (the man) burns Mike Maker's face with a laser beam from his eyes.

What of 'Red Idol', does anyone own that? That is a true Guitar Wolf film. I have never seen it.[/quote']

Holy quornshit, a film starring members of the Makers? Give me a go of this film, twice.

What is the point of a Guitar Wolf tribute album? I like Guitarwolf, and I like most of the bands on the compilation, but once you get past the initial excitement, it just seems like a nauseating swizz.

Yes Psydoll,

The words we speaketh upon the street are the truth. The job allows you to learn... like yesterday... I learnt many a wonderous thing from Controller Alpha Brute... naturally, it is too wonderous for YOU all... so I cannot disclose this information.

What price have you seen this album for, Chris... and secondly... where? I'm willing to go quite far to get it... art work and all. Birthday's eh?