aberdeen-music

The Organising and Playing Of Battlefield 3

Flights

They are all doing it now, i wouldnt be surprised if before long Origin makes it way onto the xbox. With the introduction of that and Steam getting bigger, most of these companies are looking at ways to destroy the second hand market, because they dont make anything from it instantly.

If Origin makes it onto the xbox ill be done with the xbox i think, there was a rumour that the next FM could be origin based, i would not buy it if that was the case.

I just can't get my head around why video games think they should have a share in the second hand market. It actually blows my mind.

Imagine Ford started selling cars with wheels that only one owner could use? If a customer sold something at a carboot sale that they bought from me I'm not standing over their shoulder making a noise about it. Fucking disgusting. In order for there to be a multi million pound pre owned market there needs to be a multi million pound new game market! Terrible banter. These 'online passes' and day one DLC deals piss me off soooooo much.

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous that games companies should want to make money from what they create rather than seeing their hard work rewarded by getting nothing when people buy games on the preowned market. Crazy. How dare they?

Do you feel the same for everything second hand? Or just computer games?

I reckon they deserve a share in the second hand market when people want to use the online services that they continue to support. If that's the part that folk have to pay extra for it seems reasonable to me.
EA don't even keep servers open for games Like NHL for longer than 2 years. After 2 years, they close down all online activity so you have to buy the latest instalment of the game.

That'd be like Modern Warfare 2 going offline because Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 are now on the market. It's fucking ridiculous.

Compare that to something like Team Fortress 2. Which came as past of the Orange Box, they continued supporting without any more income coming in, and then ocne they made micro transactions available in the game, they made it free-to play. And they're still supporting it.

EA are just cunts.

Another case is Mirror's Edge. Servers have been offline for fuck knows how long. The game's still on sale, even on the xbox marketplace, but there's no online community any more. And they don't tell you that when you're buying it of course.

They made their money, ran servers for 2 years or so, then boom, fuck the customer cos we're not making any more money.

Unlike theeir sports franchise games, no sequels. The prototype for a sequel was cancelled.

They're cunts.

What really pisses me off is games that restrict you until you buy the DLC content, like Halo 3, you cannot play big team battle, unless you have all the DLC, which is still luckily for sale at the same price it was when it came out, so you could spend an extra £40 just to play a 5 year old game online to its fullest. Or the lovely guys at Bungie decided to include all the maps on disk, but only if you bought ODST which was the biggest waste of money as a game, so again another £30. Horrible horrible way to go about things.