aberdeen-music

The Organising and Playing Of Battlefield 3

Flights

Dinna worry about being talkative you'll hardly get a word in edge wise with me and milner in a party!

MW3 is awful. I've played cod online since number 2 and mw3 is the worst online experience imo.

Overpowered guns, killstreaks and perks as usual. The spawns are disgustingly bad. The maps are soo cluttered and maze like. The map that's New york and has the wee underground bit. Massive map but you can never see more than a metre infront of you because there is just shit everywhere. The objective sites on objective games are either impossible to defend or really fucking easy to defend. The whole random weapon sway thing pisses me off as well. You can beat a guy to the punch in a gun fight but because of the shitty sway your bullets miss but when he finally starts shooting they are on the money. The community always seem to let COD down as well. Prime example is the whole One man army danger close thing on MW2. Everybody moaned about it but an awful lot of people did it. Same goes for LAST FUCKING STAND! If I got a pound for every message I get saying 'Tryhard' or 'Hardscoper' I'd be living on a self cleaning sex yacht orbiting the moon!

Holy fuck I hate MW3.

• Upvote 1

One man army danger close thing on MW2. Everybody moaned about it but an awful lot of people did it. Same goes for LAST FUCKING STAND! If I got a pound for every message I get saying 'Tryhard' or 'Hardscoper' I'd be living on a self cleaning sex yacht orbiting the moon!

I have no idea what you're talking about here?

xx

Flights School of Call Of Duty Terminology Lesson 1 : 'Tryhards" and "Hardscopers".

Welcome students, I hope you're all as eager to learn as I know I'm eager to teach.

First off does anybody need to use the bathroom? Jakebassist I'll have you know there won't be any breaks and masturbation is prohibited in my classroom!

Right then, Let's begin.

First we go all the way back to Call of Duty 2. An xbox live user known as iGrizz posted a montage on youtube which featured heavy use of sniper rifles and the bolt action weapons available in that game. A technique employed by iGrizz was to zoom in and snipe incredibly quickly and sometimes not even zoom in at all! It was the might iGrizz who pioneered the spinning jumps off roofs and getting a kill.

This method of sniping didn't really become popular until the release of landmark title Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. iGrizz once again released a montage and several others followed suit. The likes of iReapzz, Small Beans and The Mighty Hutch began to adopt this style of aggressive sniping based on this quick aiming format. The technique was dubbed 'quickscoping' a term still used to this day. The physics behind quickscoping is that the second you press the ADS (aim down sights) trigger or button you can work out where your bullet is going to go. For more information do a quick google search for the players named above.

Alot of lower skilled players or noobs attempt to copy these fine gentlemen (and lady) but fail badly. They often take to web forums and the xbox live messaging service to voice their anger if a player actually uses the scope on their sniper to get a kill. Using a sniper scope for too long is known as 'hard scoping' in certain circles or as aiming but most people.

Any questions? Jake I can see you're using a pencil case as a fleshlight! Cut it out!

Right moving on.

Alot of people that play Call of Duty games online are terrible and alot of people that play are pretty good.

Call of duty is the only game in the world you can be criticised for being both worse or better than other players. Common insults for weaker players are noob, bad kid and get good. For some reason players who do well and win games by large margins get the most abuse. Often called cheaters and hackers because of their opponents disbelief in their own lack of skill, better players can face a torrent of insults online.

The most common is 'tryhard'. A tryhard is a player who tries hard to win a game. Often by using the best gun and best perk setup and playing the objectives (if there any) very well. Well known tryhards are Seananners and Mark of Jay.

<RING>

Oh well gang you've been saved by the bell!

Remember to read over your notes and don't forget to check out some of the players mentioned on youtube!!

Milner wake up, its time to go!

• Upvote 3

Good lesson. What is the onemanarmy/dangerclose thing?

xx

I really canna be assed going into it because i'll be raging but basically in mw2 you can exploit the perk system to have unlimited grenade launcher ammo with nearly double the damage and damage radius. Its poo.

Thing is it's very difficult to get away with modding nowadays on xbox live. Once they caught onto standbying and lag switching they pretty much stopped. I mean you still see it now and again but it's very rare these days. Back in the hey day of halo 2 modding and standbying were a really big problem. Because consoles use a service like PSN or Live they can easily see who has modified content on their consoles and ban them accordingly. If you do mod you can maybe get away with a couple of games but I've heard of people not even being able to play a single game!

Not being big headed but the group I play call of duty with are pretty fucking good. We dish out lashings all the time and over the years I've received countless messages of abuse for doing better than the other team. I don't think I have ever got an abusive message or just a message at all when we've been owned. Doesn't happen often like ;)

Standying still happened at the start of Halo 3 but your right you dont really see it at all now. Bunch of cunts why not just play the game properly?

I've had a few messages when we have been pwn before, and i've even had one message congratulating me on a good game but the majority are from pissed off people licking their wounds.

Back in the day everyone used to be nice on xbox live. Good game messages all the time. Call of duty 2 was the last game I'd say that had a 'nice' community. COD4 in it's hey day was awful and it's got progressively worse since then. Me and my mate played bioshock 2 multiplayer last night and we were both surprised by how nice the players were. There's cleary not alot of them left but they were more than happy to dish out tips to us about what plasmids and that to use. One lad even friend requested me as he was saying it can sometimes be quite difficult to get a game going because of the lack of players these days. He told me that he's friends with alot of Bioshock 2 players and most of the time they just start their own games and people just join in. Proper banter as well. No kids screaming and swearing, players communicating well and helping each other out. How it should be!

• Upvote 1

Back in the day everyone used to be nice on xbox live. Good game messages all the time. Call of duty 2 was the last game I'd say that had a 'nice' community. COD4 in it's hey day was awful and it's got progressively worse since then. Me and my mate played bioshock 2 multiplayer last night and we were both surprised by how nice the players were. There's cleary not alot of them left but they were more than happy to dish out tips to us about what plasmids and that to use. One lad even friend requested me as he was saying it can sometimes be quite difficult to get a game going because of the lack of players these days. He told me that he's friends with alot of Bioshock 2 players and most of the time they just start their own games and people just join in. Proper banter as well. No kids screaming and swearing, players communicating well and helping each other out. How it should be!

Yeah when i first stared on Halo Xbox live was great, every one had mics and you met quite a few like minded folk who you made friends with, and the good folk were usually quite nice, we got friends with an American guy who could shoot like Allan Quartermain with a sniper, he took us into some custom maps he had set up for sniper practise and walked us through some tricks, now a days if someone pwnd you like that they would just take the piss out of you afterwards. The Counter Strike communtiy i used to be a part of was brilliant as well, great guys and there was a forum for it all, anyone caught slagging others off would just be kicked out instantly.