aberdeen-music

Trading forum

Old Gold

Over priced tickets are one of my pet hates. But we set ourselves up for it really. If everyone just said to sellers that they should not do it, and not pay the seller the rip off price, then it might change. Can someone form R&B, II Music or any other shop please clarify something for me?

When was the last time someone came in to their shop and looked at the MRP of something and said 'yeh dude, I'll pay 4xtimes that for it...just give me it now'

I doubt that ever happens...so why do it with tickets. At the end of the day, after the gig date they are basically worthless (unless signed etc) even then it would take years to raise enough in value.

Guitars/gear is different. Because it may gain in value as it gets older and classed as 'vintage'.

Am I speaking shite here?.....I'm tired!

I don't think our new Culture Secretary agrees with you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ticket-touts-are-classic-entrepreneurs-who-should-be-allowed-to-operate-without-interference-says-new-culture-secretary-sajid-javid-9252429.html