aberdeen-music

Pictures that don't make you laugh, but still say something to you!

I hate that picture. What's it supposed to mean?

I see two women. One of them posed and photographed in order to look as glamorous as possible, the other a candid shot of someone (not posing for the camera) enjoying herself at the beach.

Both are incredibly thin.

curves are sexier than emaciated, posed or candid !...... too thin is uglier than a fat woman imho :p

• Upvote 1

another one that has a sad meaning for me ........

Easter Monday 2009, Early morning, wife coming home from nightshift, Snow and ice on the road, and the council neglected to salt a portion of the road, during the night, where Aberdeen council & Aberdeenshire council jurisdiction changes (neither took responsibility to do it!)

The Day my wifes life changed for ever ......

AtozWreck.jpg

The remains of our Hyundai Atoz ...... :(

another one that has a sad meaning for me ........

Easter Monday 2009, Early morning, wife coming home from nightshift, Snow and ice on the road, and the council neglected to salt a portion of the road, during the night, where Aberdeen council & Aberdeenshire council jurisdiction changes (neither took responsibility to do it!)

The Day my wifes life changed for ever ......

AtozWreck.jpg

The remains of our Hyundai Atoz ...... :(

Holy hell! care to expand a bit on what happened? that looks a bad accident - there's no roof!

Holy hell! care to expand a bit on what happened? that looks a bad accident - there's no roof!

she skidded on a bad patch of ice onto the other side of the road, (B999) and couldn't avoid a works van coming the other way.....

fire brigade had to cut her out of the car :(

Collapsed lung ...

Internal bleeding ...

smashed pelvis front and rear ...

Badly broken wrist ...

Severe chest bruising .... etc etc etc...

3 years down the line, 3 operations later, Pevis Pinned & screwed, loads of hospital visits, drugged up to the eyeballs with strong painkillers ....

Her pelvis is STILL NOT right, can't walk fast or far, can't stand for too long, can't work again ... etc etc....

..... and still on crutches .... I have to push her in a wheelchair if we have any great distance to travel ...

Its ALL a pain in the arse, for her especially, for me, and for our kids .....

But .... you just gotta get on wi it !

• Upvote 1

it could be good if folk started posting 'meaningful' pictures that move them in some way. i'd quite like to give it some thought and come back to post some images that I am compelled to look at for whatever reason. Then again I might not.

Actually, here's a picture I like. It's of Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski. Both mental genius types who hated and loved each other in equal measures. Sums up their relationship well.

fitzcarraldo6.jpg

Guest Gladstone

bosnia-prisoners-trnopolj-007.jpg

Can't find a decent quality of this image, but I remember seeing this on the TV as a very young child and it changed my attitude to a lot of things. My mum has told me since that during the Bosnia War, I got really upset at the images of starving kids etc. on the TV and couldn't get my head round how people could let it happen. I was only about 10 at the time. I'll never forget that image.

• Upvote 1

I'd never heard of Kevin Carter until I heard the Manics sing about him on the Everything Must Go album. I went on to read up and from there I naturally came across this, his most famous, Pulitzer proze winning photo of a vulture stalking a dying child in Sudan. The story of what happened to him is as big a part of the picture as the story of what happened to the child. Harrowing stuff all round.

kevincarter_sudan1.jpg

• Upvote 2

579917_10150795244642990_790437989_11601984_925049474_n.jpg

This is a male baby chick, in his last moment on earth. Below him is a giant grinder into which he will fall alive because he hatched male, and is therefore useless to the egg industry.

His fate is shared by 200 million baby male chicks every year.

579917_10150795244642990_790437989_11601984_925049474_n.jpg

This is a male baby chick, in his last moment on earth. Below him is a giant grinder into which he will fall alive because he hatched male, and is therefore useless to the egg industry.

His fate is shared by 200 million baby male chicks every year.

The world's a tough place, get over it.