aberdeen-music

Prometheus

fatboy

Looking forward to this, been reading lots of theories and stuff regarding the plot since they announced the film last year

Do you think ridley scott making a prequel is better than someone else trying to "remake" the original. I do

however I feel I will be disappointed somehow when I go see it.

there is debates of if it is or not.

the film is set before the first alien film and doesn't contain any aliens so to speak, but is still set in the same universe/timeline apparently and is meant to link up the origin of "aliens" and the space jockey from Alien

According to this its not really a prequel but as fatboy says kinda set in the same universe as the Aliens films, im 99% sure i saw an interview with one of the birds in it and she said the same thing.

http://sciencefiction.com/2011/12/04/is-prometheus-a-prequel-to-alien/

From what i gather it was started purely as an Alien prequel but has developed into its own story with hints of Aliens mixed in.

nah, in the AvP reboot predators used Aliens to train themselves, but they did not engineers the aliens.

theorist claim the and the space jockeys are responsible for engineering the aliens.

This is what i think the film will be about, we will find out about how the alien was created.

nah, in the AvP reboot predators used Aliens to train themselves, but they did not engineers the aliens.

theorist claim the and the space jockeys are responsible for engineering the aliens.

This is what i think the film will be about, we will find out about how the alien was created.

And possibly how Humans were created, the Promethus legend gives us some clues about how its going to go, look up the Weyland presentation with Guy Pearce in it.

• 1 month later...

It was alright until the ending, which was complete shit. Built absolutely no intrigue for the next film (I assume they're making a sequel, otherwise it's one of the worst endings I've ever seen).

The ideas definitely exceeded the writing, which was just rubbish. They did absolutely nothing to make me care about any of the characters, except Shaw and David. I liked Janek as well, but only because he's Stringer Bell. There was a lot of tacked-on shit and the film's major events were bridged together like a bad Lost storyline, which is hardly surprising given the lead writer. Ugh. The shit with Weyland/Vickers, for example. If you're gonna include something like that then I think you need to invest more than 5 minutes into it. Otherwise why include it at all? Filler, filler, filler.

The film could've benefited from being 20-30 minutes longer I think. I enjoy "dusty" endings and not being spoonfed answers, but Prometheus, if anything, just felt half-arsed. On the plus side, Fassbender was immense and the film looked gorgeous. The ideas are excellent and the trailer made it look like the BEST FILM, but it didn't deliver for me. So disappointed.