aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
FOX

Images in posts

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the site, with the images themselves or with my browser, but a lot of times instead of seeing an image I see that retro "image missing" box instead. Is this an issue for anyone else?

I noticed that some of the gifs in the football thread now return 404 errors so that's probably one reason. Just assume the rest is because I'm at work.

404 errors will be broken links, probably due to the image being moved/deleted. Blank box with the red x will be filters at work though. I'm in uni accommodation at the moment so I get this quite a lot.

I can't see a lot of imageshack ones; assume it's something to do with imageshack and my location.

Possibly, didn't consider regions having anything to do with it.

Not a red X, definitely not firewalls. I think it's just poorly posted images, actually.

Maybe we should make an 'image embedding 4 nOObz' guide and lecture people about appropriate use of spoiler tags? I can honestly say I couldn't care less if the page was full of gifs or loads of massive images but I can see why others would hate them, particularly people in the shire with slow connections.

A great place to start is to browse the internet with firefox! I find right click -> view image -> copy URL then embed image never fails unless the website forbids hotlinking. Internet explorer doesn't let you do that though so I can see why people may find it difficult to embed images properly if using IE8 like people at work/uni computers.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this