aberdeen-music

Post your music blogs?

girl anachronism

• 1 year later...

Zombie revival thread.

I recently started a blog about Thrash Metal, specifically newer stuff, mid 00's onwards. Short blurbs about records, recommendations, videos, etc... I'll branch out to more comprehensive reviews as new stuff come out during the year. NeoThrash doesn't get much coverage online, where as there's a million punk blogs all sharing the same stuff, and I right love Thrash, so why not?

THRASHOLD!

Have a look and a listen, if that appeals to you. Give me a "follow" or whatever. I dunno. Tumblr is weird. I've already got weirdos following me. I don't know how, or why.

• Upvote 2

Zombie revival thread.

I recently started a blog about Thrash Metal, specifically newer stuff, mid 00's onwards. Short blurbs about records, recommendations, videos, etc... I'll branch out to more comprehensive reviews as new stuff come out during the year. NeoThrash doesn't get much coverage online, where as there's a million punk blogs all sharing the same stuff, and I right love Thrash, so why not?

THRASHOLD!

Have a look and a listen, if that appeals to you. Give me a "follow" or whatever. I dunno. Tumblr is weird. I've already got weirdos following me. I don't know how, or why.

Bloody love this. Well done you.

I could do with a neo-thrash album or two for the gym tomorrow. What are the classics/essentials I should be ripping into?

• Upvote 1

Bloody love this. Well done you.

I could do with a neo-thrash album or two for the gym tomorrow. What are the classics/essentials I should be ripping into?

Cheers, and thanks for giving it a look!

My current favourite is Power Trip - Manifest Decimation, and has been for some time. They are pretty new, but they certainly nail the classic sound very well. Soaked in boomy reverb, and pretty dark sounding, like old Kreator/Voivod.

Anything by Evile is impressive. Easily the best UK stuff, IMO. From West Yorkshire too. Best Yorkshire. They just get better with each release, but I still have major love for Enter The Grave. I haven't posted about them yet, but I will end up doing eventually. They are excellent.

Lich King and Gama Bomb are awesome if you dig Thrash that doesn't take it all too seriously and are less on the dark side. Lich King's most recent record, Born of the Bomb, is their best stuff I reckon, but you can't go wrong with any Gama Bomb record, though Citizen Brain is probably my favourite. If you dig that sort of stuff, then Pitiful Reign are great too.

Onslaught's comeback album Killing Peace totally rips too. Wasn't really into their stuff from the 80's actually, but the new stuff is heavy!

Plus anything I've posted on the blog is worth a spin. Spotify is pretty great for Thrash. I think everything above is on there. Alot of these bands don't seem to be on Bandcamp though. Chumps.

• Upvote 1

I had a quick scan. I know nothing about the genre but it's well written and to the point. There's also a good batch of content up already which is always promising, rather than it being a case of writing a couple of articles, calling it a blog and not touching it for months. I didn't listen to anything yet, because i'm a bit scared to but I might at some point.

• Upvote 1

I had a quick scan. I know nothing about the genre but it's well written and to the point. There's also a good batch of content up already which is always promising, rather than it being a case of writing a couple of articles, calling it a blog and not touching it for months. I didn't listen to anything yet, because i'm a bit scared to but I might at some point.

Thanks for looking!

Yeah, I had it going for a few days and stockpiled a number of records I wanted to share and write about before sharing it. I didn't wanna say "I've started a blog. Nothing on it yet though". Seem to see alot of that.

"To the point" is pretty much the aim. I don't wanna get too wordy and bore people. I'm always a bit turned off by lengthy album reviews myself.

Cheers, and thanks for giving it a look!

My current favourite is Power Trip - Manifest Decimation, and has been for some time. They are pretty new, but they certainly nail the classic sound very well. Soaked in boomy reverb, and pretty dark sounding, like old Kreator/Voivod.

Anything by Evile is impressive. Easily the best UK stuff, IMO. From West Yorkshire too. Best Yorkshire. They just get better with each release, but I still have major love for Enter The Grave. I haven't posted about them yet, but I will end up doing eventually. They are excellent.

Lich King and Gama Bomb are awesome if you dig Thrash that doesn't take it all too seriously and are less on the dark side. Lich King's most recent record, Born of the Bomb, is their best stuff I reckon, but you can't go wrong with any Gama Bomb record, though Citizen Brain is probably my favourite. If you dig that sort of stuff, then Pitiful Reign are great too.

Onslaught's comeback album Killing Peace totally rips too. Wasn't really into their stuff from the 80's actually, but the new stuff is heavy!

Plus anything I've posted on the blog is worth a spin. Spotify is pretty great for Thrash. I think everything above is on there. Alot of these bands don't seem to be on Bandcamp though. Chumps.

Cheers mannie. That Lich King record is an absolute banger. I'm off to spend all my money on thrash.