aberdeen-music

Post your music blogs?

girl anachronism

I wasn't quite sure where to put this. I'm not much of a writer, but I recently wrote an article on UTG, and after some positive feedback and gentle encouragement, I finally got the confidence together to start a wee blog. For my first post, I've attempted a review of the bands I saw (and some delicious food!) at SXSW 2012. It's a pretty lengthy review, but I saw a lot of bands! You can find it here:

http://goldstarforrobotgirl.tumblr.com/

This is my first attempt at anything like this, I'm an absolute novice, but found it quite fun to write and hope that a few folk might enjoy it. If anyone's got some critique on it, or any tips on writing and reviewing then that'd be excellent. Incidentally, if anyone has anything that they might want reviewed, then let me know and I'll give it a shot, I could use the practice! I've also been enjoying reading other music blogs, and I know that a few folk on here have some. I thought it might be nice if people wanted to post links to them here and we could start a wee directory or something? I'd definitely welcome some more reading material!

Happy reading!

• Upvote 3

Why do you right "yr" instead of your/you're? I noticed Johnny Foreigner do that too. Is it a hip internet thing?

It is, I believe. There's a band here called Bluejuice (no idea if they're even remotely big in the UK) who have a song in the charts called "Act Yr Age", fucking dreadful. EUAN YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Because everything else is written well - for the most part - and, more importantly, in proper English. Every time there's a "yr" it makes me think: "why?" Just don't do it. That's all I want, man.

Cheers, man. Okay, I'll do it less/not at all. Bad habit.

yep.

It was the song "Expressway To Yr. Skull" that made me think "huh, that looks quite cool" and it became habit. I think getting annoyed about it is ridiculous.

You know my views on this: only thing that makes me cringe about your otherwise sterling writing. And it's not really ridiculous to get annoyed about, no more so than you or I getting annoyed about a shit band or whatevz.

But yeah read Euan's blog.