aberdeen-music

Good things about Aberdeen

jcn

Historical Awesomeness 1- Aberdeen had 2 universities when the whole of England also only had 2.

Historical Awesomeness 2- There are no Viking sites anywhere near the North East, despite it being closest to the bittie far they came fae.

Historical Conclusion- Aberdeen is and was full of fuckers that are smarter AND harder than everywhere else.

Living in the West End of Glaswegia is alright, but it is full of divs. The rest of it though, fuck's sake, oocha min, etc.

• Upvote 1

Had to walk back to a mates house in the West End of Glasgow from Ivory Blacks at 3am a couple Saturdays ago. Aberdeen is a veritable utopia compared to Glasgow in that instance.

In fact, we were in Glasgow for a whole 2 minutes before some cunt leaned out the side of a limo to say "Your hair is pure manky by the way big man, BOB MARLEY NO SURRENDER!".

Place is a fucking shit hole populated by a fuck load of utter cretins.

I came out of a pub in Glasgow last year and the barmaid, knowing I wasn't a local, said to me on the way out "get home safe, don't talk to anybody, get a taxi if you can". Man did that make me feel safe.

• Upvote 4

I think a very broad and strong regional accent/dialect is often considered very common regardless of the area.

I'm personally not a fan of broad dialects and accents. It just sounds like people are purposely mispronouncing words for the sake of it. In Yorkshire, they simply just don't finish words, and miss as much of the word out as possible until it is on the cuff of being indistinguishable.