aberdeen-music

Good things about Aberdeen

jcn

I thought he was good. The start was great, and I agreed with a lot of the stuff he said about Alison Pearson. The weird convoluted American football fantasy thing bored me a fair bit though and I found myself looking at my watch. Then as he got progressively more drunk and let rip at the end, I started finding it funny again. His analysis of UK and US bar experiences was highly amusing.

Also, since he stayed on for an hour more than he was scheduled to, I'd say he was probably having a pretty good time (he wasn't leaving that up to fate, though).

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing about Aberdeen has to be the Council Employees in Marischal College.

Lovely, lovely folks and I'm not saying that because I'm one of them Ha!

No doubt you may have spoken to me regarding any council tax, benefit or parking woes.

:-)

Seriously though, best thing about Aberdeen are the people! From the crazy man shouting at inanimate objects to the multiple entrepaneurs who grace our doorways every weekend...using their silver tongues and displays of pioty to convince to give them a coin or two.

Best thing about Aberdeen has to be the Council Employees in Marischal College.

Lovely, lovely folks and I'm not saying that because I'm one of them Ha!

No doubt you may have spoken to me regarding any council tax, benefit or parking woes.

:)

Seriously though, best thing about Aberdeen are the people! From the crazy man shouting at inanimate objects to the multiple entrepaneurs who grace our doorways every weekend...using their silver tongues and displays of pioty to convince to give them a coin or two.

Do you share a name with a pretty funky singer?

Seriously though, best thing about Aberdeen are the people! From the crazy man shouting at inanimate objects.

Is this the old guy, sometimes seen with a stroller, sometimes without? I'm sure he has some sort of disability. He used to sit next to us at the Merkland Stand and shout at the Aberdeen players for the full 90 minutes.

I sat in his seat once and he was about biting my face until his friend/carer calmed him down.

Also, I saw him howk the most disgustingly brilliant bit of snot from his beak and munch it.

He now just wanders up and down Union Street, catching buses, shouting at drivers and passengers.

Is this the old guy, sometimes seen with a stroller, sometimes without? I'm sure he has some sort of disability. He used to sit next to us at the Merkland Stand and shout at the Aberdeen players for the full 90 minutes.

I sat in his seat once and he was about biting my face until his friend/carer calmed him down.

Also, I saw him howk the most disgustingly brilliant bit of snot from his beak and munch it.

Not sure jake, although this man sounds like a gentleman in every sense.

He now just wanders up and down Union Street, catching buses, shouting at drivers and passengers.

• 3 months later...

Good things about Aberdeen:

Watch this space, you saw this prediction here first!!!

Torry is going to become a cultural hub within 3/4 year's time. There loads of creative people setting up shop in Torry, give it a wee while and Torry will have creativity oozing from every pore.

Good things about Aberdeen:

Watch this space, you saw this prediction here first!!!

Torry is going to become a cultural hub within 3/4 year's time. There loads of creative people setting up shop in Torry, give it a wee while and Torry will have creativity oozing from every pore.

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?

Victoria Road has loads of brand new creative businesses, not including my own wee business. There are some ideas being floated for a creative hub in Torry; granted, that might not come to anything but you never know.

Plus some of my fellow musicians just moved to Torry :D

I once saw a drunk driver (or a shit driver) bomb some knackered hatchback down the pavement, through someones fence and into a lampost at 7:45am in Sandilands. That definitely tips it as the worst place I've ever been.

I used to walk through it every day to work and back. If it wasn't scumbags screaming at each other from windows, and kids throwing bricks at other kids, it was smashed up TV's and piss-soaked mattresses being flung all over the place. The absolute pits.

Sandlines is tame compared to Torry at the weekend, up to about a year ago i was seeing a girl who lived in Torry, the outskirts are ok, in midst of Torry is to be avoided at all costs!

Tilly is fine now a days, it used to be very dodgy, but its nowhere near as bad now a days. I used to go up there when i was younger and it was always a gamble if you were going to make it out alive, but they have a lot of community schemes now a days.