aberdeen-music

Good things about Aberdeen

jcn

Apologies if there is a thread already kicking around.

I thought it would be nice to start a list of cool things about Aberdeen city/shire that makes the area interesting or unique. I'll start:

Aberdeen Harbour is the oldest business in the UK

Aberdeen is home to the world's strongest beer

Aberdeenshire regularly features as one of the best places to live in the UK

Aberdeen Uni is voted the safest place to study in the UK, and gives one of the best social experiences for students.

Had to walk back to a mates house in the West End of Glasgow from Ivory Blacks at 3am a couple Saturdays ago. Aberdeen is a veritable utopia compared to Glasgow in that instance.

In fact, we were in Glasgow for a whole 2 minutes before some cunt leaned out the side of a limo to say "Your hair is pure manky by the way big man, BOB MARLEY NO SURRENDER!".

Place is a fucking shit hole populated by a fuck load of utter cretins.

• Upvote 3

It's dead small and compact. You can walk almost anywhere and chances are you'll bump into someone you know on your travels. That's probably what I like most about Aberdeen, and the fact that it's by the sea. Fresh sea air on a cool summer's evening, ye cannae beat it.

• Upvote 1

It's dead small and compact. You can walk almost anywhere and chances are you'll bump into someone you know on your travels. That's probably what I like most about Aberdeen, and the fact that it's by the sea. Fresh sea air on a cool summer's evening, ye cannae beat it.

I agree with that. A good, compact city is great. and I do like living by the sea, and just being able to bob round the corner for a game of aracde Mario Kart and a bag of candy floss. Leeds is similar. There's fuckloads going on, but it's all been smooshed together, so you can walk from the shopping end of the city to the university end in about half an hour, where as ballache places like Manchester or Birmingham, it would take you hours. I remember staying with a mate in Manchester after a gig. He said he lived right by the Uni halls, which I figured would be central. I had to get two buses from his house to Picadilly station. That's not a city. Big places totally stink. Small cities pwn, for the win. Aberdeen is good for commuting and walking around.