aberdeen-music

Post awesome cover art

berserker

Yeah, not my best work in restrospect. Still haven't been able to figure out what the blue and white stuff running down the side of the photo is either. Also, in the original photo you can see that she's in bare feet, which for some reason makes it seem that much cooler. I covered it with the writing.

Yeah, not my best work in restrospect. Still haven't been able to figure out what the blue and white stuff running down the side of the photo is either. Also, in the original photo you can see that she's in bare feet, which for some reason makes it seem that much cooler. I covered it with the writing.

Cover would have looked much better with different font or no writing at all. Album art with no letters is boss.

Cover would have looked much better with different font or no writing at all. Album art with no letters is boss.

I agree with this, but putting no writing on your album art is exclusively if you already have a good amount of marketing for the album - if someone doesn't know what your band is called looking at the cover they're not going to just pick up the record and give it a go anyway, are they?

Although this is pretty much moot given most music purchasing is done online with obvious artist names/album titles. Even offline this is rendered a moot point with stickers on the cellophane.

I agree with this, but putting no writing on your album art is exclusively if you already have a good amount of marketing for the album - if someone doesn't know what your band is called looking at the cover they're not going to just pick up the record and give it a go anyway, are they?

Normally I look at the back of cases too.

Aren't CDs in HMV still stored in alphabetic order by artist, with a little divider telling you that all of the CDs in that section are by the named artist?

They get lazy sometimes with the dividers, but yeah, alphabetical. If you're just browsing, though...

I think that cover took 5 years to make...this one was a bit quicker...

R-1849940-1247695311.jpeg

Dunno if it was just the cover, but it took 10 years for the album to come out, mainly cos Deek took ages compiling all the liner notes and then decided to piss off and learn Gàidhlig before finally releasing it. Artwork is still ace though.