aberdeen-music

Post awesome cover art

berserker

Just so you know, I meant literally awesome. Perhaps it's best that you've gotten the obvious out of the way tho.

I still don't like seeing your post next to my post.

You are mistaken. White album has a fantastic sleeve. I bet your less-than-literally-awesome broken link had super weak dragons all over it or something.

Just so you know, I meant literally awesome. Perhaps it's best that you've gotten the obvious out of the way tho.

I still don't like seeing your post next to my post.

I am a massive fan of minimal art.

Thus, it is quite literally, an awesome cover.

I'm a total sucker for quintessentially 80's thrash metal artwork. It is always utterly ridiculous, though the illustrating is always awesome.

Skeleton salesman.

Megadeth-Peace-Sells-But-W-391512.jpg

Clowns with weapons, obviously

Eliminator_CD_Cover_400.jpg

Skeleton calling time.

TimeIsUpCOVER3.jpg

Dumper truck full of zombies

hazardous.jpg

World taken over by giant mutant spiders

ravage-the-end-of-tomorrow-front-cover-61256.jpg

The band are called Uncle Slam, for fuck sake. UNCLE. SLAM.

willworkforfood.jpg

Big breasted woman, in a deserted woodland lake, getting eaten by skeletons

Repka_Merciless_Evil.jpg

The world is ending, yet this guy still find the time to surf

984678870_l.jpg

Priest attacked by a werewolf in a leather jacket.

250038.jpg

A skull made of fire with claws attacks business men whilst gnarly metal dudes cheer.

3252590406_6ddf177109_o.jpg

Drunk zombie about to blow up the world.

263463.jpg

Mahoosive goblin bites the head off a person.

miss_djax_headbangin-DJAX-UP-385-1213983020.jpeg

• Upvote 6

My post is 100% serious. I genuinely love thrash metal. The actual content of the artwork is completely OTT, but the detail in the illustration is amazing.

Wasn't speaking about your post, the site updated when I was replying and put things out of sync. Some of the thrash metal artwork is awesome. So much stuff going on that it can only have been conceived after some kind of horrific acid trip.

Wasn't speaking about your post, the site updated when I was replying and put things out of sync. Some of the thrash metal artwork is awesome. So much stuff going on that it can only have been conceived after some kind of horrific acid trip.

Ah cool, cool.

I think it's a healthy debate regardless, even though it started a bit aggressive. Minimal artwork can be incredibly suited to the right kind of record, and be a very credible piece of art.

I don't want to quote a post that's so packed with pictures, but Soda Jerk's thrash post just ended me. I had to go through to the kitchen and get a glass of water. Ridiculous laughter.

I keep noticing new things about alot of those sleeves, like the werewolf; he has abs and pecs. Fucking mental. And the dumper truck on the Municipal Waste cover, the front wheels are tiny, and the back wheels are huge, and the whole front end is launched off the ground. Absolutely no idea what is going on. It would just tip over, frontwards. Also, on the same cover, the zombies falling off the back of the lorry are falling down what looks like a big hole, maybe like a quarry. Just unbelievable.

• Upvote 1