aberdeen-music

Newspapers - ???

Guest davetherave

He looked mental. He arrived at dinner time and had a faint smell of almonds about him. All he had to deliver was sliders for a shower door but he was in my office for a solid 15 minutes. We chatted about newspapers and the fact he had to drive to Elgin once he left my work. He loved his tits.

• Upvote 1

I buy the Guardian or Independent on average less than once a week. I read online news pretty much every day. Stay clear of any of the Aberdeen Journals stuff as recent events have shown their complete lack of regard for accurate reporting or good quality journalism. I heard them described as 'the mouthpiece of the Aberdeeen Establishment'. I've spent quite a bit of time on the Aberdeen Voice website recently and I have found the quality of their reporting to vastly superior to Aberdeen Journals, despite being an unpaid group of volunteers.

He looked mental. He arrived at dinner time and had a faint smell of almonds about him. All he had to deliver was sliders for a shower door but he was in my office for a solid 15 minutes. We chatted about newspapers and the fact he had to drive to Elgin once he left my work. He loved his tits.

Och, Prime L4d.

I don't buy any, can't find one I'm happy paying for. Most recently was quite interested in the premise of i then I gave it a read and it seemed to consist entirely of everything it claimed not to include in the ads. Very disappointing.

I read BBC online pretty comprehensively every day and anytime I'm asked about something that's been in a paper (usually by my mum) I know what she's on about so I figure I'm not missing out.

Oh, and any time I'm in the mood for some mind blowing jaw dropping hypocrisy I take in some of the "showbiz" articles on the Daily Mail website.

A lot of lying to just make news, I've found.

Well while I was there I was working heavily from PR material (since I was a first year journo student on a week's placement) so obviously my stuff was biased. I couldn't tell you about the bigger pieces since I wasn't following the "big" reporters such as those working on council reports and that.

I can't, or maybe won't, go in to detail about what it was as it's a sensitive topic. But it was pretty wrong what a journalist or two did a few years ago.

Fairy nuff. I did learn a bit about the less-than-savoury side of reporting but the reporters I worked with, at least, seemed to enjoy their work and wanted to do it well and properly.

Well while I was there I was working heavily from PR material (since I was a first year journo student on a week's placement) so obviously my stuff was biased. I couldn't tell you about the bigger pieces since I wasn't following the "big" reporters such as those working on council reports and that.

I've interned at the P&J and they're dicks.

I've interned at the P&J and they're dicks.
I covered football for the P&J for 2 and a half years. They're dicks.

I must have been blinded by excitement or something then. ALSO WHY THE HELL DO YOU SAY INTERNED.

I didn't work with/look at the sports desk, I was with news. I imagine the sports folk will have loads of "my team is better than yours" shit going down.

I still buy a hard copy Grauniad 98% of the time, a lot of non-readers have this image that it is all prim and pompous disapproval of things, that's only half, the other half is funny, wry and worldly wise. You know yer a full-time Graun reader when you actually follow the plotlines in Doonesbury. Used to get the Independent when it launched, and for a long time after it was excellent, but they lost so much content in the downsize, and it seems lacking in gravitas now. It was really good when covering the decline and fall of the Soviet empire, that was when I acquired the newsprint media habit properly, as each country started falling faster than those before.

I get the Grauniad on the iPad, as the missus doesn't like having newspapers around the house, which is annoying as I prefer reading a proper paper over the digital version on the iPad, plus it's a constant battle between me, her and her gran over who gets the iPad.

I was getting the I until she found out that it is owned by a Russian who she hates with a passion.

Your missus sounds like a total bitch. I don't know her, so i don't know. But whether you are doing it intentionally or not. You make her out to be a total bitch.

Welcome to the world of proper relationships where you live with people for years John. You're too young to understand ;) I'm probably exactly the same with my gf at times but really I shouldn't complain.

The Press and Journal has some truly woeful journalism. Especially on anything health related. You would think people would check basic facts on wikipedia. It only takes a few minutes! Yet still some amazing inaccuracies get printed. It is not quite as bad to read as some of the bigger tabloids like The Sun though.

Your missus sounds like a total bitch. I don't know her, so i don't know. But whether you are doing it intentionally or not. You make her out to be a total bitch.

Not a bitch just an ex-soviet state neat freak, I could fill the pet hates thread ten times over with ALL the things that annoys me about her, but at the same time she could do the same about me, so it evens itself out in the end, plus if we got on all the time, it would be boring as fuck.

I'm sure you're just being tongue-in-cheek in a very obtuse way as you seem to be every time you type something stupid, but what an asshole thing to say.