aberdeen-music

Newspapers - ???

Guest davetherave

Guest davetherave
The missus buys a Sun everyday. When she's done with it, I skip straight to Dear Dierdre. Good laughs.

I often wondered if they employed someone to make up those Dear Deirdrie stories :)

I still buy a paper most days. I like sitting with my breakfast and reading the football news. Sitting at the laptop doesn't give the same experience, and there's usually much more insight in the papers than the football websites. Plus the sports websites are blocked at my work. I never read the news bits though, unless I've finished the football bit and still have 5 minutes of my break left. But that's not because of the internet, I just never read the news.

Yeah i buy the sun every day from the lunch van and the EE at night on my way home every day, same papers on a sat and a mix and match on a sunday depending on which one has something interesting on the back.

Here's a question, how many of us start off at the back and only read the "news" after the sport has been read ? :)

A newspaper is the one thing in life I can't stand staring at the rear end of.

I went through a phase of buying the sun to read with lunch. Then got sick of it. I've wanted to start buying newspapers, but if I don't smoke because I can't afford it, I'm definitely not going to pay for the news.

I used to buy the Record every day and do the crossword when I was in lectures. Except on a Tuesday - I hated the puzzle pullout, I don't want a huge crossword. Thats not sly.

I sometimes buy a copy of the Times in a morning to break a tenner or a fiver, as my bus doesn't give change.

I haven't settled on a newspaper yet really; I usually bought one in the morning to take to Uni with me so our course leader doesnae greet. I quite like the Times and the Guardian because they're compact. I like the "i" as well, the 20p Independent spin-off, since I don't feel so guilty for not reading half a paper if I paid less for it than I did for a cheeky chocolate bar at lunch.

On Sundays it varies depending on what comes free with the paper. I'm fickle like that.

The EE and J&J do have some pretty horrible journalists in their midst though.

I assume you mean in terms of opinions. I've worked at both and they're a great bunch of lads.

I was in the Scotsman the other day. Not because I've murdered anyone, but I wrote something and it went in it. Boss.

What was it?

I buy either the Sunday Herald or the Scotland on Sunday because I like reading about Scottish Football but I'm not an idiot. I throw away the Sports section once I see a rugby player and then read bits of articles about things that aren't football in the hope that I might learn something useful or interesting. Maybe I am an idiot actually.

Like Jan I refuse to give anything to Aberdeen Journals. I hope they die.

I read articles online, use the BBC app on my phone etc...

I hate massive newspapers, and I really don't see why I should have to pay for something that is covered in adverts and has shitty sports articles.

- as for having something to read, I usually take a book with me

I had an intresting conversation with a crazy delivery guy at work the other day about papers.

'Oh I couldn't go a day without reading a paper. Need to keep up to date with everything you know. Not enough folk read these days you know? People need to be aware whats going on in the world and stuff.'

Me, suprised that he could actually read 'Yeah? what paper do you read normally?'

'Daily sport usually, but if they've nae got I'd go for a Daily Star. You get the best tits in the Sport though.'

• Upvote 1