aberdeen-music

Any views on a Bugera v22 valve amp?

MatthewKV

You will find mixed reviews about bugeras

some people will comment on their reliability as a gigging amps, apparently when they first started out they had a lot of issues with them exploding. Teething problems due cheaper materials being used to make them, and with their first models being exact copies of peavy amps

I got a 333 head, 6th day of owning it, it blew up through no fault of my own, however the amp was guaranteed and got a replacement immediately no questions asked.

That one has been going strong for over 3 years now, with fair use at home and gigging never failed once. I changed the valves just over a year ago.

Only problem I've had was when I lent someone the amp. they ended up standing on their guitar cable while it was plugged in to the amp and made the input jack socket to be a bit dodgy, meaning to get it repaired. could happen to any amp

Thanks fatboy, yeah they seem to get a bit of hassle about copying amps, but at the same time, if they have copied an awesome amp, and it sounds ace, then i'll happily use it at a steal of a price! £212 delivered on thomann, that seems like a pretty awesome deal! I looked at a few videos of it on youtube, a couple had it recorded quite well and it sounded really good actually! Hmm, could be a shout.

just out of interest fatboy, why did you chose the 333 over the 6260/6262? I was looking at the 6262 and the 333xl myself.

MatthewKV, my mate has the 333, When compared to my TSL it sounds darker, Very middlish, thats with the stock bugera valves. Sounds great for beefy rythum stuff. the EQ is VERY sensetive. which i quite like :p

just out of interest fatboy, why did you chose the 333 over the 6260/6262? I was looking at the 6262 and the 333xl myself.

MatthewKV, my mate has the 333, When compared to my TSL it sounds darker, Very middlish, thats with the stock bugera valves. Sounds great for beefy rythum stuff. the EQ is VERY sensetive. which i quite like :p

6260 is a peavey 5150/6505 clone so the clean channel is probably awful. 6262 is a 6505+ clone so should have a better clean channel than the 6260. 333 is a peavey xxx clone. 333xl is the essentially the same amp with a noise gate, xl switch and different power tubes. Plenty of videos comparing them online. The 333 is the more versatile due to having a better clean channel. As for differences between the higher gain sounds, 333 has a tighter distortion whereas the 6262 sounds a bit looser and would need boosting to get similar sounds. All down to which you prefer really but in the forums I use most people seem to think the 333xl is the best all rounder.

• Upvote 1

Yea ive watched all the videos, was SOOOO close to getting the 333xl a few months ago. From some videos the 6262 sounded pretty tight to me, but might have just been the videos ive watched!

Probably just boosted using the volume/tone trick on a tubescreamer. It is as a staple of high gain playing.

You should of just P.M'd Keeno and Fatboy. They know everything ever.

Hardly... I've never played a bugera amp. Was considering getting a 333xl so did plenty of research online before deciding they were far too loud for my flat, seem to do that an awful lot. I'm incredibly indecisive. I'm surprised they haven't made any low wattage amps. Admittedly plenty of good budget options already but if they could do one at the same markdowns as the big heads they would probably make a killing on them.

Probably just boosted using the volume/tone trick on a tubescreamer. It is as a staple of high gain playing.

Hardly... I've never played a bugera amp. Was considering getting a 333xl so did plenty of research online before deciding they were far too loud for my flat, seem to do that an awful lot. I'm incredibly indecisive. I'm surprised they haven't made any low wattage amps. Admittedly plenty of good budget options already but if they could do one at the same markdowns as the big heads they would probably make a killing on them.

I'm pretty indecisive aswell. I can make up my mind I'm torn between amps right now.

The bugera ones seem to be getting pretty decent reviews these days.

I chose the 333 because

a. my dad was buying it and didn't want to sound cheeky asking for the xl, plus the less knobs and that means I'm less inclined to tweak when playing which is one of my downfalls as a guitarist.

b. I couldn't try them out for myself, so i read reviews from people owning them, I made my choice because i liked the idea of having 3 channels playing in a metal band and a grunge band at the time I wanted a versatile amp for different sounds. Also because of the clean channel, it's meant to be better on the 333 as keeno said and i like cleans for when playing my strats :)

c. Noticed christopher ammot from arch enemy using the peavey xxx and I liked his tone for down tuned guitars, so it was good starting point.

I replaced the valves with svetlana 6L6 winged C's over a year ago, next valve change I'm going to fire in some EL34s and see what difference it makes to the sounds.

The EQ of the amp is VERY SENSITIVE can take some time to find the right sound