aberdeen-music

D.I.Y Guitar gear

Flights

I really don't know. Oddly enough all the old esquires have pickup selector switches on them. You can't seem to get a tele control assembly without a pickup selector :confused:

p1_usc24lrtu_ss.jpg

It's quite common for esquire builders to put a stealthy neck pickup under the guard - a hot one, naturally :)

Probably have to wait til after my holiday in June since I've ridiculously bought a new amp when I should be saving spending money. Might give it a bash over the summer. I'd really like to find a cheap Tele with a humbucker cavity in it, and put a P90 in the bridge, but finding a 'fat strat' is much easier than finding a cheap HB equipped Tele. Boo-urns.

Probably have to wait til after my holiday in June since I've ridiculously bought a new amp when I should be saving spending money. Might give it a bash over the summer. I'd really like to find a cheap Tele with a humbucker cavity in it, and put a P90 in the bridge, but finding a 'fat strat' is much easier than finding a cheap HB equipped Tele. Boo-urns.

You'd be surprised with the stuff that floats about on ebay! lots of weird tele and strat set ups going for cheap!

no idea to be honest. It could go pretty badly if you fucked it up. That's why i was only planning on putting the bridge in my strat because it already had a humbucker in it. You would need a decent set of files and some kind of cutter to route out a humbucker cavity in a tele. You'd have to be careful not to cut too close to the bridge and that as well.

Yeah, it will still have a single coil cavity in there though. I want a HB sized cavity so I can put a P90 in there. I love P90's and Flights' project has inspired me to have a bash. Thanks Flights. I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY TO DO THIS!

Ah fair play, let me do a little bit of looking and see if certain models have a humbucker style cavity.

mmmmm

£228 squier vintage modified custiom II tele

squier-thinline-tele-ii-460-80.jpg

Oh man, I had the black version of this. Seriously great guitar. The necks are just incredible. They jacked up the prices recently, but I got mine for less than £200. Really really good guitars, and DD pickups are underrated. I wouldn't buy them as an upgrade, but they are better than most, if not all stock pickups on budget guitars.