aberdeen-music

D.I.Y Guitar gear

Flights

Soldering iron's get fucking hot.

No, you don't say?

I've always fancied doing this sort of thing as well but been put off with jumping in at the deep end without a decent amount of knowledge of pcb's, caps and soldering etc

At least a lot of those types of kits are "pedals by numbers" though i suppose.

I've been thinking about it for a while now. I figure the best way to start is with theses kits. Once I've built a few pedals from kits I'll likely start doing them from scratch. The dream is build an amp!

I'd be keen for doing this with you. there's a few things I want to try building. Just don't have the time/space.

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about it for a while now. I figure the best way to start is with theses kits. Once I've built a few pedals from kits I'll likely start doing them from scratch. The dream is build an amp!

Aye, that's the ultimate "dream" i guess, nice vintage sounding small wattage amp with a little bit of warm break-up at higher volumes.

• Upvote 1

I've been getting some gear together to build a jazz bass, I have a tonne of electronics kit lying about too frmo various hobbies and projects, think I might put together a pre-amp for my bass, maybe try to make a USB interface or something, too. I fucking love this kind of thing! Should hopefully have a shed and a useable room in my house for this by the end of the month!

xx

• Upvote 1

I'd be keen for doing this with you. there's a few things I want to try building. Just don't have the time/space.

My old man's got a workshop at the house. We should totally start building stuff.

I've been getting some gear together to build a jazz bass,

I'd love to build a guitar but I can't decide what to make.

I'm thinking of making over a squier strat with either P90 pickups or some lace sensors. Probably stick a maple neck from Warmoth on it as well.

Are you going to make the body from scratch or get a pre-made one?

I'd love to build a guitar but I can't decide what to make.

I'm thinking of making over a squier strat with either P90 pickups or some lace sensors. Probably stick a maple neck from Warmoth on it as well.

Are you going to make the body from scratch or get a pre-made one?

I bought a "spares or repairs" job off ebay. £20 for a vaguely Ibanez BTB-shaped body, sanded down the horrible red finish and gonna respray it a lovely, garish neon orange or something. I have a few ideas in mind for projects, I just looked on forums and ebay for cheap bits and now have enough for a build.

xx

I bought a "spares or repairs" job off ebay. £20 for a vaguely Ibanez BTB-shaped body, sanded down the horrible red finish and gonna respray it a lovely, garish neon orange or something. I have a few ideas in mind for projects, I just looked on forums and ebay for cheap bits and now have enough for a build.

xx

The spares or repairs floating about ebay are pretty tempting as well! Fuck I want to live in a shed and build guitar stuff all day!