aberdeen-music

Punx wanted for Punk band

Soda Jerk

That punk thread seems to be booming. There's more folk on here into punk rock than I thought, so who wants to start a really shitty punk rock band?

I recorded an instrumental demo of a song I've been sitting on for ages to give you an idea of what sort of stuff I'm looking at doing. I finished it off yesterday, and recorded it this morning at about 7:00am before work, because I'm so fucking punx.

http://sodajerrrk.bandcamp.com/

I play guitar. Would be looking for another guitarist, bassist, drummer. If you can sing in a non-Californian accent, that's a plus too.

I intend to just rip off loads of Jawbreaker and None More Black guitar parts. Get in touch if you're down with that.

Oi!

That punk thread seems to be booming. There's more folk on here into punk rock than I thought, so who wants to start a really shitty punk rock band?

I recorded an instrumental demo of a song I've been sitting on for ages to give you an idea of what sort of stuff I'm looking at doing. I finished it off yesterday, and recorded it this morning at about 7:00am before work, because I'm so fucking punx.

http://sodajerrrk.bandcamp.com/

I play guitar. Would be looking for another guitarist, bassist, drummer. If you can sing in a non-Californian accent, that's a plus too.

I intend to just rip off loads of Jawbreaker and None More Black guitar parts. Get in touch if you're down with that.

Oi!

Join Remembering Needleman!

xx

There's bass on the demo in the link above, which is nothing but root notes. I love root notes.

Bass is like a child. You should know it's there, but it shouldn't be heard, and if it kicks up a fuss and starts being a showoff cunt, it should get booted out the door.

Rancid. NOFX. The Descendants.

xx

I hate Rancid.

Fat Mike is great since he pretty much plays his bass like a 3rd guitar. Skills.

and Karl Alvarez is the bassmaster.

Karl is the fucking boy! Rancid are ace when Lars is fronting. Tim pisses me off, but in an endearing way. Like a puppy that shits on nice things. You want to kick it down a well, but you'd be upset if it died. Lars and the Bastards are fucking quality too. Just noticed I can listed to Bandcamp at work - fucking love that demo!

xx

Karl is the fucking boy! Rancid are ace when Lars is fronting. Tim pisses me off, but in an endearing way. Like a puppy that shits on nice things. You want to kick it down a well, but you'd be upset if it died. Lars and the Bastards are fucking quality too. Just noticed I can listed to Bandcamp at work - fucking love that demo!

xx

I liked the first Lars record, the one with Wine and Roses and the Billy Bragg cover. Great songs. Didn't care for the second one, where all the songs are about knife fights and stuff.

The only Rancid album I like is the S/T 2000 record, which had about 100 songs on it, and they were all fast as hell, and barely over a minute long.

I liked the first Lars record, the one with Wine and Roses and the Billy Bragg cover. Great songs. Didn't care for the second one, where all the songs are about knife fights and stuff.

The only Rancid album I like is the S/T 2000 record, which had about 100 songs on it, and they were all fast as hell, and barely over a minute long.

Viking has one or two good tracks. Marie Marie and Little Rude girl are ace, but they are the ones where you can hear Tim's influence least. The rest are pretty gay.

xx