aberdeen-music

Proud and Prejudice

paime

I didn’t know whether to put this in the Politics bit or the TV bit but did anyone see this last night on Channel 4? It was proper mental. I almost thought the English Defence league had a point in their view against muslim extremists but then it turns out they hate all muslims and are, essentially, a big bunch of rasists. They’re also standard issue football hooligans just finding another way to have fights. The guy from muslims against crusades wasn’t much better though, especially when he threw a rogue slap at the beginning of the program!!

I didn't know this was on, but I'd have watched it and pitied fuckwits who would be bought over by this shite.

MUSLIMS ARE JUST CHRISTIANS WITH FUCKING SUN-TANS. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THEY ARE BORN, THEY ARE NO MORE OR LESS LIKELY TO COMMIT A TERRORIST ACT THAN A PROTESTANT IN NORTHERN IRELAND.

Saying you think being LGBT, or Muslim, or Hindu or a Scientologist is wrong is your belief. When you start to try to take away freedoms and quality of life from those groups - freedoms which you would afford them if they were on the same side of the fence as you are - then you're a fuckwitted, bigoted sack of shit who deserves to have his fucking teeth kicked down his neck.

Believe whatever the fuck makes you happy, just don't try to take away from others what makes them happy. And RE the usual, inevitable immigration argument - anyone should have the right to live wherever they fucking want, provided they contribute to the society they live in - and I believe that should apply to you whether you're born in a country or not. I don't know how I'd implement or enforce this, I'm not a politician. All I know is that, IMHO, nationalism \< fuckwittery.

xx

• Upvote 3

I I almost thought the English Defence league had a point in their view against muslim extremists but then it turns out they hate all muslims and are, essentially, a big bunch of rasists.

Wow. The EDF are disgusting and I really can't believe you had to watch that program to find out they are a big bunch of racists.

• Upvote 1

I couldn’t agree more. The thing that was baffling to me was the leader of the EDL went to great lengths to convey an image of a sensible family man who is anti-facist but then he gets drunk, throws stones at police in the street, openly commends Breivik and tells an Asian chap he isn’t welcome in the country. The guy is a complete mong and pretty much all of his supporters were similar mongs. I even saw a ‘Scottish Defence League’ flag in there at one point – bunch of fannies.

Wow. The EDF are disgusting and I really can't believe you had to watch that program to find out they are a big bunch of racists.

I've never heard much about them to be fair, only that a couple of marches had been banned in the past.

We need our own thread. Anyways back on track.

I think it is just the EDL, I've not had my morning coffee yet so I'm starting to lose my mind.

This is a touchy area but hey I'm going to go for it. I think the EDL's main beef is that they are treated differently to Muslims by their own government.

I think you're probably right. They may have even been founded on legitimate concerns however have now warped into some disgusting group of minks. I forget what the leader's name is (and im not going to google it at work) but he has changed it to the name of one of Luton's most prominent football hooligans. He even got off the stage at one point to headbutt a roudy protester. I have to say i did chuckle when the leader of muslims against crusades slapped him in his car. TV gold right there.

There jobs were only there for the taking because a) they were shite at them and b) they there was no one doing the job.

Always hated that about the TURK DERR JUBBS arguement. they took no ones job. thats why there was a job vacancy!

and the whole 'but they dee it cheaper!' there is a fucking minimum wage so that nulls that. Plus people, regardless of country of origin/ethnic background will get the same pay that was advertised on the job vacancy!

There are always jobs going about but a lot of people don't want to do them becuase they either think they're better than the job or would rather remain on the dole. It'll be interesting to see how the £26k benefit cap will affect all that. In a lot of cases im actually glad people are coming from abroad to work in the UK, at least they're contributintg to society unlike many who call themselves 'British.'

• Upvote 2

Even if they do do it cheaper, it's 'cause they buckle down and just bite the bullet. They don't go out driving flashy cars, they'll flat share to horrendous extremes and they'll take cheap pay. People in Britain (myself included) take stuff for granted. And we shouldn't have hatred towards those that can just crack on and get work done for cheaper because they don't need sky tv or a 50" plasma.

• Upvote 1

On the one hand I do have sympathy for them but then I also don’t. I got some Polish guys to lay new carpets and paint my flat and they did a great job, were far cheaper than the next quote and barely drank any tea. I would easily use them again and they have done work for some friends who have also found them to be excellent. It’s a free market isn’t it?

• Upvote 1

Its a free market up to a point, but people getting sacked because a Polish guy will work for cheaper is dodgy whatever way you look at it. I'm not having a go at Polish or any nationality, its not really their fault, its the fault of the people running these business's. They are the people who cause this bad feeling by doing these things. Is it right that a son of a friend of mines was not kept on after his apprenticeship because his employer was able to hire a qualified foreign person for less than what he would have to pay him?

It was a good programme. The EDL guys started out to be quite rational, but then the head honcho started throwing rocks at Policemen, getting drunk and slagging everyone off who wasn't white and english. Then the meatheads came out and said "When are we gonna start properly fighting back" implying on kicking some heads in. They were all a bit bonkers really, and I felt sorry for the amount of extremists from both sides who take their kids along to this stuff... As well as the police, who take a good kicking just to try and stop the violence spilling over on to innocent bystandards.

• Upvote 1