aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Rapper Cheeens - 32 Bars for RFMedias lockup Sessions

Cheeens

definitely not, what i say is "one of the fourth pillars a born spitter '

hitting you quicker than liquor 'like you've been missing or skipping your dinner

considered a winner it figures am sicker"

Ah, good, my ears playing tricks

EDIT: by the way don't let that take my misinterpretation take away from the vid, which is good

• Upvote 1

Really good man. Struggled a bit to make out the lyrics but what I could hear I thought was really good, intelligent rhymes. I like the way you mix up the rhythm around the 40s mark. You got mad skillz.

I always worry when I hear local rappers that they're going to turn out like

. Fake G posturing in Tesco clothes.
  • Upvote 2

That was really good. Great flow and a good vocal. I'd definitely like to hear more.

Fuck me. That is foul. Is that real, as in, not a pisstake? I'm not one for ragging on a local act having a go, but that is just awful. The chorus he keeps repeating seems to be in a made up time signature. Everything about it is bad.

Thats the first thing that popped into my head. But luckily this Cheeens bloke is decent. I also agree with Phil that I dont think Scottish accent usually work, but this is pretty good.
  • Upvote 1

That was really good. Great flow and a good vocal. I'd definitely like to hear more.

Fuck me. That is foul. Is that real, as in, not a pisstake? I'm not one for ragging on a local act having a go, but that is just awful. The chorus he keeps repeating seems to be in a made up time signature. Everything about it is bad.

It's legit. He has a whole bunch of videos. That one is by the far the worst There's a thread here.

• Upvote 1

Wow Thanks for all the feedback, glad you're all enjoying it!

and "Mc Mad Mickey" is an awful representation of Aberdeen Hip Hop, Actually annoyed that most folk have heard of him first and then never give the likes of other artists like myself a chance, because their minds are already made up.

I have alot more material on my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/CheeensTV) , including the song "Hometown" which is all about Aberdeen city, I was featured in the Evening Express etc because of it (News Articles here). So if you have the time see what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKROY-KN8LU

Thanks again.

• Upvote 3

Nana I know, I'm not expecting everyone to know about my music, but if someone was to search for Aberdeen hip hop or hip hop from their area and "Mc Mad Mickey" pops up, then more than likely they would give up the search for any decent hip hop, and just expect it not to work.

But as I can see there is people out there who are willing to give myself a chance even if they have heard some so called "Hip Hop" from their area, So I thank them for that.

But as I say give my stuff a listen and if you liking it, share it around.

Thanks again.

I checked out the rest of your stuff after the first video you posted. I def like alot of it. However, being a fat crusty with a beer gutt that pretty much only ever frequents The Moorings...I don't have a fucking clue where or when your gigs might happen. When I do find out, I may very well come along to one.

• Upvote 1