aberdeen-music

The Real Booze Thread

ca_gere

What's your tipple?

I'm going through an IPA phase right now.

My go to drink is Six Point Sweet Action. Smooth stuff and whereas before a lager would quench the thirst on the first pint and anything 'heavier' would come a couple drinks in, this does the trick for me nowadays.

a_560x375.jpg

This stuff is also nice. And it has a cool can.

porkslap1.jpg

I get tanked on rum and coke these days, or whatever wine is the cheapest in Morrisons. I got some red stag Jim Beam for Christmas. It didn't see the end of January. It made Coke taste like Cherry Coke, and was dangerously easy to down. It was the business.

I know it's pure chemical filth, but Desperados rocks my world.

I know it's pure chemical filth, but Desperados rocks my world.

That stuff gives me the boak. Seriously horrible.

I had a house party the other week and one of my friends turned up with a bottle of Cava and a jar of hibiscus flowers. After ripping into him coz i'm a LADZ he made me try it. Put the hibiscus flowers in the cava = the least manly drink in the world but tasty as fuck.

I've been getting mashed on Patron Tequilla the last few weekends. Terrifyingly easy to drink. One of the girls on my course took my advice and got a bottle of Balvenie Doublewood too, so we destroyed most of that one night. What a total babe.

Houston has a these stores the size of a medium sized Tesco which just sells booze. Its very beautiful.

Flying Dog -_- Mainly the IPA, but the amber is real nice too.

tumblr_lfgu39dNPx1qdocka1.jpg

Port Ellen (mothballed Islay distillery), difficult to come by, but MY GOD. So, so good.

port_ellen_FeisIle_300.jpg

Aaaand; Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Morador Malbec. Not joking, for the price, that's some seriously nice wine, and I've had lots of wine!!

105237.jpg

Malbec is a really good grape for wine, currently getting through Havana Club, Black Grouse and have several wines and two bottles of brew dog to finish. May see about getting some local ales, Tyneside brewery have a couple of good amber ales.

Wouldn't mind a drop of that Port Ellen. I bought a bottle of Laphraoig Quarter Cask at Christmas, which was tremendously good. I'm not normally as keen on Laphraoig as other Islay malts but that version is great stuff.

I seem to be working my way through the Williams Brothers range of beers these days. I've yet to meet one I didn't like.

Wouldn't mind a drop of that Port Ellen. I bought a bottle of Laphraoig Quarter Cask at Christmas, which was tremendously good. I'm not normally as keen on Laphraoig as other Islay malts but that version is great stuff.

I seem to be working my way through the Williams Brothers range of beers these days. I've yet to meet one I didn't like.

As I said in the other thread I've been on the quarter cask this week and I've enjoyed it. Normally stay away from Laphroig but I think because I've been ill I've appreciated it's TCP like qualities a bit more.

Those Flying Dog beers a few posts up are amazing BTW.

My standard tipple is pretty regular lager. I can appreciate a very good beer but I normally just drink one of the common ones on offer here.

When on a bigger night and I move on from the beers to spirits I used to be all about Gin. Gin and Tonic, Gin and Juice, lovely. Big Tanqueray fan. However recent times have seen me consume a lot of rum. Just fairly cheap stuff, nothing fancy.

Red Wine will make regular appearances, good to sort out a hangover I say. Using Sideways as a reference point I'm definitely more of a Thomas Haydn Church than a Paul Giamatti but I can just about tell when something is really shit. And living in more of a wine country I can some bottles here for about 3 euros that would be 7 or 8 quid in UK so it's quite easy to get something decent.

My standard tipple is pretty regular lager. I can appreciate a very good beer but I normally just drink one of the common ones on offer here.

When on a bigger night and I move on from the beers to spirits I used to be all about Gin. Gin and Tonic, Gin and Juice, lovely.

With your mind on your money and your money on your mind.

• Upvote 2

Laphroaig 10 year old does me fine and is like drinking gold to me. I also like all other booze like lager and rum and stuff. I don't like Bacardi and gin makes my body drunk but my mind sober and depressed.

There was champs league tonight which justified 6 pints of Tuborg.

In terms of wine my favourite is the bottle of red which was £11.99 but is now £5.99.

Beer you say? Why not head down to Oddbins and get 4 cans of DAB for £4.50 or even to Portugal to drink all their beer like Super Bock, Sagres and Cristal.

Beer, booze, whisky, dark rum, wine, booze, vodka and of course whisky are all of my favourite boozes.

• Upvote 1

Havana 7 is seriously tasty. Has anyone ever tried the Bundaberg rum? Is it any good? I love all their soft drinks and have a feeling that the rum with some of their ginger beer and a slice of lime might be hard to beat on a hot day (unless the rum's rubbish of course).

I felt the rum was a wee bit of a let down. It was aright, but not as good as I expected from the kings of ginger beer.