aberdeen-music

Mixing Desk Query

Diesel

Hi,

Can any of you mixing desk wizards answer a query for me?

For reasons that I won't bore you with, I want to route a signal from an XLR input through to the stage monitors only and not the front-of-house speakers.

I understand the basics of mixing desks, but there's always been someone else in the band who did all that PA stuff whilst I had a snooze in the van.

The mixer is a Mackie 1642-VLZ3.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can any of you mixing desk wizards answer a query for me?

For reasons that I won't bore you with, I want to route a signal from an XLR input through to the stage monitors only and not the front-of-house speakers.

I understand the basics of mixing desks, but there's always been someone else in the band who did all that PA stuff whilst I had a snooze in the van.

The mixer is a Mackie 1642-VLZ3.

Thanks.

If your auxillary sends (the knobs you control the monitors with) can be set to pre-fader then its just a case of putting the aux knob up and the fader down.

If your auxillary sends (the knobs you control the monitors with) can be set to pre-fader then its just a case of putting the aux knob up and the fader down.

Thanks Sam - that sounds similar to the advice I was given earlier.

The Mackie's Aux Send 1&2 are level-controllable and it also has controllable CR (Control Room) outs as well.

Fortunately I'm in a position to experiment in my wee studio, so I'll give that a bash !