aberdeen-music

FAO Flash

Skittles

We've been struggling to get a consistent line-up, and some weeks we had 6 guitarists turn up but no drummer, or once 3 drummers and a bass player but no guitar etc, etc.

In the end I invited 3 of our old house band members back. They'll be augmented by the new people that have been coming along, and at least we'll now have the makings of a complete band every week, so everyone should get a chance to play.

The guys you are referring do not exist as a band outside the confines of the bar. Bob, the bass player/vocalist, and Scott the jazzy guitar player located on the LHS make up part of the Funk Sole Brothers. Andy the guitar player on the RHS plays in a number of bands, most notably a good Led Zep tribute band.

Ross the guy drumming most of wht you heard has played in Skint Lizzy, Green Daze, Inept 303, and 7 Stone Under. He's currently playing with the guys that used to be in Alyssa's Wish. He's naturally a left hander but plays right handed at the jam.

The vocalist for most of the Deep Purple stuff was a guy called Woody who until last week was living in Holland, but has relocated back to Aberdeen. It was his first time singing at the jam. He's not an offical house band member.

Also confirmed in the house band at present are Lewis who plays bass with Milking Meercats among other bands, but is soon to be attending music college in London, and Craig the guitar player from the Hex Pens.

The house band used to be called Fanny in a Boot, but have renamed themselves Gengis Kahnt.

In addition there are about a dozen other people that have attended our jam session with reasonable regularity including Keilan, Chris, Rachel, Paul x 2, Nick, Jack, Rory, Oggie, Bano, Caroline, Mel, John, Gregor, Stu x 2, Shambles, Tush, Frank... and err Derek Aberdeen's (self proclaimed) GREATEST EVER ROCK VOCALIST (God give me strength).

Some of what we heard on Sunday was a little rough as Bob and Scotty aren't used to new fangled innovations such as monitors.

Scruffy sorta guy in camoflauge shorts sitting just inside the door with my freen Martin was I. Noticed you buying cigars I believe while I was at the bar but couldn't pick you out in a lineup I must admit :)

He looks like a cross between Kaiser Soze` and Sparticus. Guess I'm not good with line ups either :(

Also confirmed in the house band at present are Lewis who plays bass with Milking Meercats among other bands' date=' but is soon to be attending music college in London, and Craig the guitar player from the Hex Pens.

[/quote']

thats "Meerkats" :up:

coulda sworn it was edinburgh he was going to, probably wrong though :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good line up though