aberdeen-music

Cats

Jaaakkkeee

When I got the one in the first photo, she went and hid under the bed for most of the first fortnight, only emerging out in the dead of night to grab a bit to eat, use the litter tray (in a flat at the time) before scurrying back under.

Needless to say this did not stop us and one night, we changed position - only to find her perched on the end of the bed, watching us intently!

Next time she ventured out, she lept from the end of the bed, bounced off my arse (yae, claws!) before running round to do it again - cue her first "flying lesson" :D

The black and white one is adorable!

I get a few "visitors" in my flat, we live on the ground floor so we leave a bedroom window open for scampi to jump in and out and quite often she gets followed back in, some are friendly enough, but there is one huge white and brown cat that comes in that just hisses and growls at you as soon as you try to usher it back out the window, its the only cat i think i have ever been scared off, that thing would rip your eyes out in a second.

I wish I had a dog so I could get my dog to rip all your cats faces off start a dog thread, because dogs are awesome, and cats are for women and old people.

My last cat - who was a murderous jet black tom, a full yard from nose to tail and weighed-in at 28 pounds but was not in any way fat used to love terrorising a neighbour's dobermans. After his reaction the first time they louped-over the low fence into "his" garden, they used to scurry for their kennel whenever they saw him. Later he discovered he could climb on to an overhanging tree branch and dominate their garden too! :eek:

Another neighbour had a Boxer, who often got a scratched nose whenever he was stupid enough to stick his head through the hedge - Often heard a loud yowl, followed by a terrified yelp! :D

• Upvote 1

Our cat is 18 next month, so he is quite old and doesnt really do anything other than eat and shit. He doesnt like going outside anymore. On occaison he will come to the sofa for a cuddle.

He used to enjoy hunting when he was a boy ... rats were his favourite prey .. one morning I went round the back of the house there were 3 dead rats... two huge ones and a smaller baby rat... I thought there was a lot of racket the night before .. he was looking very pleased with himself ! At first I wasn't keen on the cat but now I'm quite fond of the old fella...

He used to enjoy hunting when he was a boy ... rats were his favourite prey .. one morning I went round the back of the house there were 3 dead rats... two huge ones and a smaller baby rat...

Yup - Despite cats generally being poor ratters, my last cat used to do really well - I didn't know I had rats until I opened the door one morning shortly after getting him to find him looking very smugly at me and the entire doorstep covered with corpses. This became a regular occurance throughout his seventeen years with me. His last catch was about ten days before his death - I looked out one morning and espite him getting very frail he was sitting in the garden, surrounded by a circle of feathers that must have been a pigeon, looking absolutely triumphant!

Even a generally cat-hating neighbour made an exception for him after watching him carry a particularly large rat out of his garden - He was always made welcome from then-on! :D

All the wee tabby brings home is flowers and the occasional mouse.

My cat has not come back with rats yet, but we have had a baby duck which was pretty impressive considering she not only caught it but jamp into the bedroom window with it still in her mouth, that's about head hight of me so just over a meter jump. We've had a few other smaller birds but i have no idea what they were, except they were dead on arrival, the baby duck survived until we took it to the vet.......

She will also eat any spider, or daddy long legs or basically anything that moves, without thinking about it, have regularly caught her with little legs hanging out her mouth licking her chops.

Great, after reading this thread I really want a fucking cat.

Although working in the pet food aisle of the local grocery store will probably bring me to my senses, absolutely stinks.

There was a cat in the studio as I was recording my album (Iain's cat Max, best guy) but I think I must have been slightly allergic or something since I always ended up with a cold and sore eyes after touching it.

What I do is hand under chest, pick it up and put my other hand just above the tail and scoop it up, so it's sitting. You can see all the belly and stuff if you look down. No penis.

The vet we have ours registered with says that that is a common realisation. People think they have a male or female and it turns out they have a female or male.

at least with a female one, it will eat less and be littler. Also, do you need to change your cats name?