aberdeen-music

[Jan 19, 2013] JAM SESSIONS @ THE MALT MILL (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire)

FREE drumming workshop with ron bird -GUARANA Street Drummers

FROM 2:00 - 3:00 sat 25th @ this weeks jam session

... SATURDAY AFTERNOON JAM SESSIONS @ THE MALT MILL

CHILL, PLAY, JAM WITH OTHERS, HAVE A SING ALONG, MEET OTHER MUSICIANS AND MUSIC MINDED PEOPLE OR JUST RELAX AND BASK IN THE AMBIENCE.

BRING ALONG YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS ETC..

COMPLETELY INFORMAL CHILLED JAM SESSION, NONE OF THIS OPEN MIC STYLE JAMS WHERE PEOPLE ARE PERFORMING ALL NIGHT .... JUST RELAX, HAVE A PINT AND LET THE CREATIVE JUICES FLOW

KEEP YOU EYES PEELED FOR MONTHLY WORKSHOPS HOSTED AT THE JAM SESSIONS

.......................... next week jam session hosted by DIG ..................... and yes there will be drums :)

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe I'm showing my age here, but no it isn't.

I probably subjected the unwitting citizens of Aberdeen to my first public display of bass ineptitude at the long-running Drift Inn Saturday afternoon jam sessions.

...and the drift inn jam session actualy started at o' henrys for a few weeks and then moved to the drift inn , I'm probably even older than you :(

• 3 weeks later...
you gotta have even a small drumkit, and get rid of the hard furnishings for some soft ones that people don't have to fear falling on- used to be a good wee dungeon, could be again

I've seen hard furnishings used quite well as makeshift drumkits, so you can't throw all of them out.

• 1 month later...
i do apologise for the slightly sloppy organisation, but i do not have control over the webspace or have the ability to get the site removed from the net .

it was set up by previous owners a few years back! im sorry to hear you tried to organise something here and got no response. the contact number and address are correct at least !

the current correspondence email is

maltmill@hotmail.co.uk

I am showing my age here by saying .. But I think the drift in sessions were before my time never mind before my time ive lived in Aberdeen :p

Is this email still good... and how often is it checked?

G...