aberdeen-music

The Last.FM Thread

Soda Jerk

I think there used to be one before, where everyone posted their pages, and people looked at their compatibility with other folk, like some sort of music snobbery dating site.

http://www.last.fm/user/myblackass_

Let's hook up.

Add me as a friend. I only have 5 friends who listen to music, apparently.

I used to pride myself on having zero bands in common with Nev, but then, for some reason, he went and listened to Dinosaur Jr and ruined my life. Diiiiiick.

You can judge me here: http://www.last.fm/user/Woodsinho

So Far -

Your musical compatibility with myblackass_ is Very High

Music you have in common includes Ozma, Tera Melos, The Fucking Champs, Less Than Jake and Oathbreaker.

Your musical compatibility with machadavenu is Super

Music you have in common includes Mastodon, And So I Watch You From Afar, Adebisi Shank, 65daysofstatic and Reuben.

Your musical compatibility with JanDeal is Super

Music you have in common includes Rolo Tomassi, Copy Haho, Rival Schools, The Smashing Pumpkins and Sonic Youth.

Your musical compatibility with drmirth is Super

Music you have in common includes Oceansize, 65daysofstatic, Jeniferever, Thrice and Vessels.

Your musical compatibility with josfox is Low

Music you have in common includes 65daysofstatic, Bloc Party, Feeder, Copy Haho and Digitalism.

Your musical compatibility with ramadalailama is Very Low

Music you have in common includes Part Chimp, 65daysofstatic, Dross, Copy Haho and Mogwai.

Your musical compatibility with Skacel85 is Very High

Music you have in common includes Elliott Smith, And So I Watch You From Afar, 65daysofstatic, At the Drive-In and far.

http://www.last.fm/user/keeno89

is mine. It's hardly been updated for about a year and a half though (sold the guitar in avatar over a year ago!). I haven't suddenly stopped listening to music..... it's just my ipod syncs the scrobbles whenever the hell it wants. It can go 5/6 syncs without updating then it will randomly turn up 700, usually with half of what I have listened to missing!

I should update the 'obligatory bands seen live' list. It's very very out of date and about twice as long now.

My iPod never syncs anymore. I've given up trying to get it to work.

Your musical compatibility is low. You both listen to Alexisonfire, City and Colour, Andy McKee and Don Caballero

:(

Kinda surprised about that. We both seem to love math rock. Checking your top 100 I only listen to about 6 of them though.

It's probably not too representative, as I listen to most music on my iPod which doesn't ever sync anymore.

I do love math rock. The sillier, the better.

Same with my last fm these days. Silly is in ridiculous playing? Don't think I've ever heard any with silly lyrics. Speaking of silly, try this. Not math rock, but definitely wins on the silly factor. A bunch of prog metal musicians playing cartoon style music.