aberdeen-music

04/09/04 - The Moorings

Mac Atom

Thanks to all who came to the gig... it was a good night! Addicted to Chaos certainly show signs that one day they could be very good indeed. They look so young but played very well, the guitarists impressed me greatly (it was like they'd cloned Dan, and made him young, only twice! The vests and hair, well, what else can I say ;) ) and the singer also has a very powerful voice... the only thing I'd say to him is that he shouldn't wear his glasses on-stage, as it didn't allow him to shake his head in the proper manner... either get contacts or just resort to not being able to see, like me :)

HMG played a blinder, it was good to play with our bestest band buddies again, hopefully we shall again soon!

I felt our gig went pretty well, although the sound was a bit weird from where I was standing. And I arsed the key change in All We Are... (again!) But it was good fun, the crowd were up for it, and at the next gig we'll wheel out some new songs which we haven't played live yet ;)

Cheers :up:

Fucking ace gig *reminisces by looking into the corner*... excellant

Addicted to Chaos certainly made the best of their spot, very promising.

Hot Mangu were just outright entertaining.

Black Atom have possibly caused me permanent neck damage. But I shall forgive them cos they are bloody amazing. (Seriously: great performance)

i was so sad that i couldnt make it, i saw rass earlier on in the day though and waved to him

im glad to hear it was an awesome gig (as usual)

when is the next atom gig? i shall be there! (i hope!) ill kill anyone who has a birthday meal on the same night and invites me, grrrrrrrrrr

although i did have a great time and got quite drunk hehe

although the sound was a bit weird from where I was standing

Unfortunately we cannot accomodate three 12x4 speaker cabs on stage. The twin cab was turned up much louder than the others, and to me it also sounded like the Mesaboogie wasn't firing on all it's valves. I remember it well from last time Hot Mangu played and I loved the sound of it - very distinctive. This time it didn't sound right.

I managed to balance the guitar sound through the PA and it all sounded fine out front... which is where it counts.