aberdeen-music

04/09/04 - The Moorings

Mac Atom

It was a blinding gig! Promising stuff from Addicted To Chaos; hopefully we'll get another chance to play together again soon! The Gu were immense! I keep forgetting how entertaining they are and the depths to which they will delve with their banter. The real metal lords of the night were the crowd! If you were there, THANK YOU!

I think there's some universal law that states the worse the soundchecks the better the gig!

I thought all 4 bands (yes erhm FOUR) were excellent, although I did think about slitting my wrists when The Grease Monkeys showed up a month early half way through soundcheck and only 1 hour before the gig was due to start! Then when the kick drum skin got bust and we had to change it... phew!

Those were the most enjoyable performances that I have seen from Addicted to Chaos, Hot Mangu, and Black Atom, although bear in mind that Atom are the only band I've seen outside the Moorings in the past 2 years!!!

I also though that Addicted to Chaos had improved dramatically since their last gig with us about 6 months ago. Hell they even improved dramatically since soundcheck LOL. They've gotten much tighter, and the material was very good. I thought they sounded a little like a younger Black Atom. They've obviously been working very hard in practice.

Hot Mangu simply played a blinder BTW. I thought they were good last time, but this time was in a league of it's own. Perhaps I've just led a sheltered life but IMO Hot Mangu are pvery original in terms of their musical style. Would it be permissable for me to burn full versions of the Black Atom and Hot Mangu CDs onto a single disc for jukebox insertion?

I have NEVER seen a bad Black Atom performance, so it's hard to judge whether this one was better than the others, or whether I'm just suffering from afterglow, but after careful contemplation I think last night just shaded it. It's a shame the pit was so crowded because it kind of limited Joe's movement, and everytime he jumped in I lost track of him. I was kinda hoping he'd coming running down the bar and stick his mic in my face during the chorus to Fallen but... :(

The stars of the night were definately the crowd though. The reception they gave The Grease Monkey's - an out of town band (Glasgow) playing first in a 4 band line-up, and with a markedly different musical style than the other 3 bands on the lin-up... well it was fantastic, I'm sure you all made their night. Prior to that they must have been bricking it!!!

C H E E R S !

Just want to say that the gig last night was amazing. You guys really get the crowd going and it's easy to see why. You played a killer set, though personally I'd liked to have heard you play Chasing Ghosts but hey maybe next time.

Hot Mangu were something else as well, I've never heard anything like them before....my mind has been expanded.

Anyway I just hope that in the eyes of the crowd and the other bands that we held our own and made an impression...preferably a good one. For anyone who's interested we have a website hidden deep within internet hell or www.addicted2chaos.co.uk as it's also known.

Until next time...

wow! what a gig/night that was.

A2C were class and id really like to see them again!

HMG were on form as per and funny as hell

Atom....flawless! i had a fantastic time (even tho my viking hat broke :() great set and it was great to hear empty sky again :) the evening was topped off with a few hours in moshulu and them home (met Rass wile Q'ing for my bus...legend)

cant wait until the next gig \m/