aberdeen-music

Formula 1 Thread

Lemonade

So, the drivers list for 2012 is complete and we're only a month away from lights out in Melbourne.

Any thoughts for the season ahead? Red Bull to dominate again, or can Ferrari and McLaren give them more of a run this season? Excited to see Raikonnen back? Can Williams turn it around? Will Hamilton be shit again? Last chance saloon for Massa to prove he's actually a Formula 1 driver? Are there too many pay drivers? Should HRT and Marussia just give up? Who's most likely to be replaced mid-season? (***cough Jarno Trulli***) Any exciting youngsters on the sidelines? Pedro De La Rosa - why? So many questions...

Red Bull

1: Sebastian Vettel

2: Mark Webber

McLaren

3: Jenson Button

4: Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari

5: Fernando Alonso

6: Felipe Massa

Mercedes

7: Michael Schumacher

8: Nico Rosberg

Lotus

9: Kimi Raikkonen

10: Romain Grosjean

Force India

11: Paul Di Resta

12: Nico Hulkenberg

Sauber

14: Kamui Kobayashi

15: Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso

16: Daniel Ricciardo

17: Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams

18: Pastor Maldonado

19: Bruno Senna

Caterham

20: Heikki Kovalainen

21: Jarno Trulli

HRT

22: Pedro De La Rosa

23: Narain Karthikeyan

Marussia

24: Timo Glock

25: Charles Pic

Should be good to see how Paul Di Resta does this season. He showed real promise last season. I know he hasn't got a chance of even getting near the top 5 but it would be nice to see him get a cheeky podium finish.

Seems like a good solid driver. Fucking boring though. Seemingly Mercedes have an eye on him to replace Schumacher so this could be a big season for him, provided he can beat the Hulk comfortably.

Also: what about the Sky deal? Is anyone ordering the F1 channel, or will you be watching the "extended highlights" / streaming? I'm sure Sky will do a brilliant job, but I'm fucked if I'm paying for the channel, not least because Damon fucking Hill is their chief pundit. The BBC coverage has been truly world class over the past few seasons. Sky have got big shoes to fill.

Also: what about the Sky deal? Is anyone ordering the F1 channel, or will you be watching the "extended highlights" / streaming? I'm sure Sky will do a brilliant job, but I'm fucked if I'm paying for the channel, not least because Damon fucking Hill is their chief pundit. The BBC coverage has been truly world class over the past few seasons. Sky have got big shoes to fill.

If you've got Sky is it not free this year?

I'll probably go round my uncles to watch the sky games. He's rich as fuck and has a tv the size of a former soviet state. The sky deal will pump more money into F1 but do they really need it? The BBC will take a fair bit of beating like you said and Sky may have shot themselves in the foot with Damon Hill. He has the charisma of a wallpaper brochure. Surely he isn't doing the commentating as well? Do you know who else is going to be on the pundit team?

• Upvote 1

I'll probably go round my uncles to watch the sky games. He's rich as fuck and has a tv the size of a former soviet state. The sky deal will pump more money into F1 but do they really need it? The BBC will take a fair bit of beating like you said and Sky may have shot themselves in the foot with Damon Hill. He has the charisma of a wallpaper brochure. Surely he isn't doing the commentating as well? Do you know who else is going to be on the pundit team?

Bwahaha. He does have the personality of a domino. Also for my money one of the least deserving world champions of all time. And a cunt to boot.

I don't have Sky.

Are Pirelli allowed to do that? Seems a bit mental making the hard tyres softer.
The characteristics of the tyres requested by the teams for 2012 are in line with the expectations from last year: tyres that help to provide entertaining competition, with at least two pit stops per race and a wide variety of strategies. The new design of Pirelli tyres for 2012 takes into account the change in the rules from the FIA regarding blown exhausts.

I'm hugely amused after reading comments the other week that Ferrari always have ethe most beautiful car that they've released one only a mother could love.

I don't think the top of the leaderboard will change much this year. It'll be another fight between Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Button.

Elsewhere I hope Di Resta does well and HRT go bust at some point.

I'm hugely amused after reading comments the other week that Ferrari always have ethe most beautiful car that they've released one only a mother could love.

I don't think the top of the leaderboard will change much this year. It'll be another fight between Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Button.

Elsewhere I hope Di Resta does well and HRT go bust at some point.

HRT are a joke, though Marussia possibly more so. Somehow HRT have finished above them in the championship two years in a row, and they're the only team on the grid that haven't developed KERS for this season. They are going to be desperately slow, and their new driver Charles Pic smacks of pay driver, his best result so far is finishing 4th in the GP2 championship.