aberdeen-music

Things that make you realise you are getting old

fatboy

I think I used PASCAL in Higher Computing, which I failed so badly I didn't even get an "F" on my results, I got a "#".

16 years later I'm an aberdeen-music moderator. ;)

I did 5 years of PASCAL (standard grade, higher then two more fucking years of it at college before I finally got to do something more up to date at uni).

I honestly have no idea why that shit was still being taught in the 90s. Schools can be excused I guess but the college was supposed to be training people to go into the workplace yet the most advanced they got for most of the time was TurboPASCAL!

I got visual basic in my second year of college, after getting pascal in my first year. If I stayed for a third year I would have got Delphi.

Yeah we did bits of Delphi and VB (mostly the VB was just for Office macros). Think we even did a teeny tiny bit of Java in 2nd year which after two years of Pascal no-one could fucking understand as they failed to explain the difference between procedural and OO programming.

Anyway that was 14 years ago (!!) so I'd hope they're a bit more up to date now.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am already really old ............. but looking at these pictures makes me feel positively prehistoric.

However it is good to see everyone enjoying themselves at Snafu - no doubt there will be another night of mayhem on March 23rd with Krazzy Martin and friends.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150609192349075.391459.514099074&type=1