aberdeen-music

Things that make you realise you are getting old

fatboy

When I can't even find a picture of my school when it was on fire on the internet, because it happened in 1986.

Further to this, not even being able to find the secondary school I attended...because it isn't even fucking there now. It was only opened in the late 80s and now it is gone.

I actually liked school.

I actually shat myself in The Queen Vic on Saturday night. It was just a little tiny bit, but still pretty significant. I was awful drunk.

Seriously though, I often soil myself.

You never 'fessed up to this at the time? Is that why you went home?! I guess the fact that my baby brother, who I remember soiling himself often the first time around, is now soiling himself as an adult make me feel kinda old.

Also when I was in my early twenties and I'd be in the supermarket and some woman would say to her toddler "get out of the man's way" that made me feel old. I am a man in your eyes?! Cool!

I found out the other day that one of my best pals from school is divorced! Not just married but DIVORCED! That's some serious middle age right there.

• Upvote 1

You never 'fessed up to this at the time? Is that why you went home?! I guess the fact that my baby brother, who I remember soiling himself often the first time around, is now soiling himself as an adult make me feel kinda old.

Also when I was in my early twenties and I'd be in the supermarket and some woman would say to her toddler "get out of the man's way" that made me feel old. I am a man in your eyes?! Cool!

I found out the other day that one of my best pals from school is divorced! Not just married but DIVORCED! That's some serious middle age right there.

Eaglesham?

I did confess this when we were at your flat!!

I went home 'cause I was boggled.

Talking to a work college about computing class at school and remembering using windows 5.1 in computing class, and IT classes being called Business Studies using Amstrad word processors.

Knowing you really mean Windows 3.1

Oh shit! I thought this was the things that make you realise you're a geek thread...

• 2 weeks later...
Remembering when petrol was under 50p a litre

I remember it being 40 odd pence a GALLON

another ...... we're having a new kitchen fitted shortly ... from Laings of Inverurie..... the wife's picked a fairly top-of-the-range German thing in grey acacia, with Neff appliances...... don't get me wrong, I love it too.... but was really shocked to realise that the fucking thing is costing way more than I paid for my first house & car combined :rolleyes: !!!!!

damn inflation..........ohhh I must be getting old :eek:

iI did business studies too, with that old greenscreen word processors. It was basically typing skills, right? I remember having to type along as the teacher yelled:

A-S-D-F-;-L-K-J

I did computing as well, I did my standard grade programming in COMAL.

I did Comal as well.

At college I did COBOL and PASCAL.

In 15 years of IT, I've never met any of those again.