aberdeen-music

Things that make you realise you are getting old

fatboy

I personally blame waltz for the mention of poo. He made (what I assume was) a joke about peeing in front of his family and it made me think: “oh yeah, remember that humiliating thing that (actually) happened to you on Saturday night. I guess that made me feel pretty old. You certainly didn’t do that when you were 18.”

I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone I have upset or annoyed.

I must stop quoting myself in my own posts using “”.... It is addictive.

When I realise that's it's no longer odd for people my age to have children. Back when I was 17, it was crazy. I'd be all like "haha you've been shagging about and now you've got kids with an unidentified Dad". Now I suppose it's normal for people to start families at 25. I don't like it one bit. Probably because children are rubbish.

When you've been an adult so long you can't remember most of the cool stuff you did at the start of adulthood, like holidays etc. I have a crap long term memory anyway.

When I realise I went to my first gig 10 years ago and when the students disappear from the King St area for Easter break it'll have been 6 years since I got three week uni holidays :(

Oh thought of another one, when the celebrities you fancy go from way older than you to the same age or younger and you could theoretically have a relationship with the famous folk you liked the look of.

Definitely the marriage / babies thing. Fuck that. Seriously. Once you have a kid that's it. You might as well just call it a day.

This, as well bringing work home, and doing it in your own time, like some fucking volunteer chump. If you dont have enough time to do all your work on the clock, then it doesn't get done. Unless you are a sucker.

• Upvote 1

The shutting of doors!

My son is physically unable to shut a door... so then I shout ... "can you shut that fecking door please... leaving it open causes druaghts and heating is not cheap" ... "How many times do I have to tell you ?" then I think FFS that was my dad shouting at me 35 years ago ... At what point did the shutting of doors become such a crucial issue to me? ... yeah that makes me feel old.

• Upvote 2

Lol the old retorical question

"were you born in a barn?"

Well you should fucking know dad you were there afterall!!

... Yeah I actually NEARLY said that ... one of the few times I have stopped myself saying something ... "weeerrrrr " oh shit just dont say that ... it came out instead as "were you planning on shutting that door!" ... nice save even if I say so myself ...