aberdeen-music

Put the focus on the aberdeen scene

Oedo 808

Instead of separating threads into 'music discussion' and 'feedback' forums split them by interest/location instead.

Have an aberdeen music discussion forum (all discussion and feedback relating to the local music scene in one forum)

Make

Musicians' Corner (change name of this forum to something a bit more descriptive)

Networking

News & Announcements

Trading Post

as sub forums of the main local music forum. This creates a local music 'hub'.

Archive/close/delete the generally unused local band forums which (to an outside observer) make the scene look dead.

Have a more general music discussion forum for music discussion not related to the music scene. (Favourite albums, Pop Music, new Green Day single etc etc... mildly off-topic music stuff)

Instead of separating threads into 'music discussion' and 'feedback' forums split them by interest/location instead.

Have an aberdeen music discussion forum (all discussion and feedback relating to the local music scene in one forum)

Make

Musicians' Corner (change name of this forum to something a bit more descriptive)

Networking

News & Announcements

Trading Post

as sub forums of the main local music forum. This creates a local music 'hub'.

Archive/close/delete the generally unused local band forums which (to an outside observer) make the scene look dead.

Have a more general music discussion forum for music discussion not related to the music scene. (Favourite albums, Pop Music, new Green Day single etc etc... mildly off-topic music stuff)

I quite like this idea or parts of it. I think Trading Post is best left on it's own as it's not just for musicians wanted and equipment. But I like the main idea of having a general music discussion and merging Musician's Corner, Networking and Feedback forum into a more localised music discussion. In general I agree that we have too many sub-forums and it's something we should address.

If the idea is to merge a few forums to make one sections as more of a "local music discussion" then perhaps the Feedback forum should go in there, since it's where most people post their new material and recordings for opinions.

Then again, I don't fully agree that separating local music discussion from general music discussion is a completely good idea.