aberdeen-music

JCM800 50W combo for sale

scottyboy

Possibly selling this: JCM800, 50W combo. 1983 I believe (serial no. 06310N). Good condition, just a small tip-ex like mark really. I'll try and get a pic up soon.

It's in Dundee, may be able to rope someone in to deliver it, maybe not. I'm also only in town for a week, though I guess I could sell it later through an intermediary.

Looking for 350.

Yeah, it's a 2x12. It's not in front of me this minute but IIRC it's 1 clean channel only. It's subjective, but to my ears, even at it's cleanest it's not that clean (as you'd want/expect from a Marshall). Using a basic overdrive pedal gives the Marshall crunch even at lower volumes though I'm not sure how this would compare to driving it naturally... haven't had much chance to try it at ear splitting volumes...

I'll see if I can play test it at various levels tonight. But if you want distortion and you want it naturally and at moderate volumes I'd estimate it would be fine up to a point. Modest blues or indie drive or classic rock if you're belting out chords AC/DC style might be all right. Any more and you'd probably need a pedal. As I said though, I'll try it out and report back.

Sorry for the delay...

What model izzit? Valve? MV or Channel split?

I checked back and I think it's actually 1981. Says 4104 as the "model number". There's 2 inputs- high and low sensitivity, I guess this is split channel? Pre- amp and master volume. It has, er, valves. I may be thinking of someone else but IIRC I nearly sold this to you a few years ago.

Seems to be working fine. I tried out the gain and I think it's pretty clean, but I didn't really crank the high input, which would be pretty loud.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/255/jcm8002fc5.jpg/

• 3 weeks later...

This is still here, though I'm not. If anyone wants it, possibly I can arrange things remotely. Pick-up from Dundee would be required, you'd have to check it was functioning, confirm specs etc in person and you might end up dealing with my granny :D I'd really rather not sell it but it's taking up space in her house. Offers considered. I guess a secondary possibility might be a swap/partial swap for a small valve amp, guitar, anything more storable really.