aberdeen-music

Metal Gear

Jaaakkkeee

With the release of the HD Collection next month I thought it might be good to get a discussion on all things Metal Gear going. Originals, Solids, Rising...

What part of the collection are you most looking forward to?

What game is your overall favourite?

General Metal Gear talk with some shit banter in amongst it I assume.

I'm looking forward to playing Peace Walker for the first time, my favourite game is either 2 or 3.

With the release of the HD Collection next month I thought it might be good to get a discussion on all things Metal Gear going. Originals, Solids, Rising...

What part of the collection are you most looking forward to?

What game is your overall favourite?

General Metal Gear talk with some shit banter in amongst it I assume.

I'm looking forward to playing Peace Walker for the first time, my favourite game is either 2 or 3.

One would be best if they re made it but exactly. I seem to remember twin snakes taking liberties. Even if they only brought it up to MGS2 standards or graphics etc it would be a lot more replay able.

As it is 2 is my favourite as it's got a good story (not quite as good characters as 1 but still good) and it's nice and replay able at PS2 stage of graphics/control.

I enjoyed 3 but too many elements of it annoyed me and I prefer the more claustrophobic environments of 1/2 to the jungle in large portions of 3. The baddies were pretty guff in 3 also.

I must have played through 1 about 12 times, loved it! I thought 2 was pretty guff though, the story was absolute nonsense and Raiden wasn’t very badass: Solidus was a good baddy though and the gameplay and environment were ace, if not a bit samey. Snake Eater, now that’s a funny one. It took me 3 times of starting it to finally get into it, which I finally did about a year ago! Once I got good at it – ‘cause its bloody hard to begin with – I absolutely loved it, and this is alongside the next gen stuff. It is really tedious at times, with a lot of flicking back and forth to your menu, but overall: I thought it was a really good game. The Boss, The Fear and Volgov (is that his name) were really cool baddies, but I agree that the rest were totally stupid. That guy that turned into bees?!? Get a grip, min, and eat shell.

I’ve yet to play 4, as I’m on X-Box, but I really want to play through it sometime. Is it good? Anyone want to swap an Xbox for a PS3 for a while so I can? I do have Skyrim, AC: Revelations and Arkham City to smash first of all, mind you...

Number 4 is amazing. But, if you ever play it, get ready to sit and watch more video than actually play. It was a really good game but probably not for Captain America as you're in big open places a lot of the time.

I really enjoyed 2. A lot of people hated the fact Raiden wasn't as badass as Snake. But that's just it, Raiden isn't Snake, so y'know. It was good what they did with it. Even though Rising:Revengeance looks a bit... funny, I still look forward to playing as Raiden again.

I've never completed number 1. It came out when I was really young and I got a copied version for my ps1. My ps1 broke before I completed it. I then downloaded it from PSN and my ps3 broke before I completed it. I'll need to get back in to it though...

Number 4 is amazing. But, if you ever play it, get ready to sit and watch more video than actually play. It was a really good game but probably not for Captain America as you're in big open places a lot of the time.

Didn't mind it as much in 4 as it really was more of a film with interactive bits anyway.

Some of 4 is s bit lame though but it does re kindle some of the magic.

I loved the fact that 4 had the cut scene taking you back to 1 with the original graphics.

I remember playing 1 all night, and then having restart my Playstation after I forgot to save for ages and having to re-do a massive piece of the game towards the end.

I never really got into 3, did start it, but just couldn't be bothered with it.