aberdeen-music

Fri 3 Aug // D.O.A. (Vancouver, CAN) + THE HUMAN PROJECT (Leeds) // *CANCELLED*

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge Aberdeen & the Moorings Bar present:

Friday 3rd August @ The Moorings Bar

D.O.A.

Canadian Hardcore Punk legends, D.O.A. are coming back to the UK for the first time in 10

years in August 2012...

Joey Shithead, now in the band's 35th year, will be bringing the band over to play the Rebellion

festival for the first time since 2001 and are doing around a week of UK and Irish dates to

tie it all together. This looks like being the only Scottish date.

It might be another 10 years till they come back so don't miss out.

Support on all dates from Leeds punk rockers

THE HUMAN PROJECT

more info:

D.O.A., Canada’s legendary Punk Kings, who helped spread punk rock counterculture around the world, have traveled the globe almost continuously since they formed in 1978; they released their first snarling piece of vinyl, the "Disco Sucks" EP in June of that year. That slab of plastic opened the door to international prominence, riots, rip-off record companies and three generations of fans.

In 1981, D.O.A. made the term "hardcore" their own and pushed it into the common vernacular with their legendary album "Hardcore 81" and subsequent tours. Consequently, D.O.A. has been cited as a major influence for tons of bands ranging from The Red Hot Chili Peppers to Green Day to Rancid to The Offspring.

D.O.A.’s sound and philosophy has been held together by Canada’s Godfather of punk Joey "Shithead" Keithley’s songwriting, singing and guitar playing. D.O.A.’s sound, although always rooted in punk rock, has managed to create a fair bit of consternation for those who would like to choose musical boxes. It’s punk, but it incorporates rock n’ roll, reggae, metal, and ska. Whatever the hell their sound is, it’s pulled out a "Yeah,that’s the shit!" from the likes of Henry Rollins,The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sonic Youth, Jello Biafra, Bif Naked, John Doe, Randy Bachman, Dave Grohl, Pete Seeger, Yada,Yada,Yada, you get the picture.

Recently Mayor Larry Campbell of Vancouver declared December 21st to be "D.O.A. Day" in Vancouver.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"I regret to inform u that I have to cancel the DOA tour in August. I am gong to run for the NDP in the next BC election and the NDP party requires that I am in Vancouver to work on this from June till next May 2013. This is a big change for me. If i win the riding I will being retiring from touring. Very strange, but this is something I have wanted to do for years and I been drafted by the NDP to run in this seat. Profuse apologies for pulling the plug on this."

- Joe DOA