aberdeen-music

Benefit show at Drakes yesterday

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest allsystemsfail

Hey folks, what did you think? While the turnout was much lower than expected, a lot of us (who were involved in arranging the show) thought it was a great great night. Thanks to Dr Drakes, to all who participated, and who came along. Special thanks too to both Diablo and The Void, who said they'd play at the very lasy moment. Cheers guys.

For those reading this who didn't come along, the show was arranged in order to raise funds for the creation of an autonomous social centre in Aberdeen.

Guest allsystemsfail
Everywhere seemed really quiet last night' date=' I've no idea what was going on.[/quote']

Yeah, a couple of folks left the show to distribute flyers around the Belmont Street area so as to get more folks to the show, but after 30 minutes thought it not worth it, the city so quiet.

Guest allsystemsfail
This gig was fantastic! Its great to see more acoustic stuff in Aberdeen... plus it was by far the funniest drakes gig i've ever been to! Well done to everyone!

xxx

Hey, that's cool you really enjoyed it. Yeah, great show, and as you say, just so funny too. It's such a shame more people didn't come out for it.

Guest allsystemsfail
i really enjoyed the french dude who did his dub-rap thang! and the guy who did john martyn and skip james covers (im not good at remembering names) and free food too! a good night!

Yeah, Pierre is a great guy. A couple more hip hop guys were persuaded to perform too.

The guy who did the John Martyn and Skip James covers? That's Anders Ingram.

And the humous, pitta bread and carrot sticks rocked.