Soda Jerk

Divine Comedy - Promenade/Casanova

The Wildhearts - PHUQ

Todd Rundgren -Something/Anything?

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Field Music - Measure/Tones Of Town

XTC - Oranges And Lemons/Nonsuch

Ben Folds Five - Whatever And Ever Amen/Rocking The Suburbs

I rarely enjoy new music so pretty sure this list won't change anytime soon.

Living Well is the Best Revenge rocks so hard. Somehow Fall Out Boy got huge from writing similar over-produced pop/punk tunes, but Midtown were just better.

"Like A Movie" is one of my favourite pop punk songs. The problem with Midtown is that they had a massive fall out with Drive-Thru shortly after Drive-Thru sold their souls to Geffen. The bitter Richard and Stefanie Reines did their utmost to damage the credibility of Midtown after that. Fall Out Boy "Take This To Your Grave/From Under the Cork Tree" era had the gimmick of shouty bits in their songs which Midtown did not. FOB were a pop punk band who were deliberately marketed to emo kids, whereas only a year or two before that Finch were still being marketed by Drive-Thru as "a dark pop punk band". Fashions change.

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon

The Chariot - Long Live

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Enter Shikari - A Flash Flood Of Colour

Enter Shikari - Live From Planet Earth

Enter Shikari - Take To The Skies

Fightstar - Grand Unification

Four Year Strong - Rise Or Die Tryin'

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Listener - Wooden Heart

Minor Threat - Complete Discography

Sabrepulse - Famicom Connection

Slipknot - IOWA

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends

I like it, but most other big fans i know seem to not dig it as much.

I haven't really given time to it. I really like the previous two albums. The Devil And God... was the last one I bought and I haven't really sat down and listened to it, perhaps with lyrics, like I like to do to new albums. But even without listening to the whole of TDAG I can tell I like it more than Daisy. I don't know, Daisy was just, for me, a step in the wrong direction.

They started off with a young, angsty album which almost sounded like a pop-punk Taking Back Sunday. I love it. I know musically, and lyrically, Your Favourite Weapon is not their best, but its the roughness and the straight forward lyrics that do it for me. Especially lines about wanting John Nolan to die and shit. I love it. So angry.

Then then matured and the second album sounded like this angry thing which was just at the point of boiling over but not quite there. They had marvelous loud choruses and beautifully depressing quiet verses, but it didn't have the roughness and aggressivness of the first album. I guess from an artists point of view, it was better in every aspect, more mature lyrics and better musically. But after hearing YFW it almost landed flat. Then I listened again and again and again and now I like it more.

I think that's what will happen with TDAGARIM. From what I've heard it's an amazingly written album and a lot of people seem to keep telling me it's their best.

Daisy starts off amazingly with Vices. The sample is perfect and it's all loud and distorted and I can see why The Xcerts loved it so much. But then it sort of trails off and every time I try to listen to it I find myself going MENU, MENU, SCROLL until I find Deja Entendu or YFW.

That's my opinion, anyway. And btw, I only heard all 4 albums in the past... 2 months or so?

then you have bands that work every single day and tour as much as possible that aren't even half as good or even mildy as successful.

That's completely subjective though. Alot of people probably think Brand New are dung. I do for the most part, except the opener from Devil and God. That first album is genuinely one of the worst records I've ever heard. The type of bands that tour 10 months out of the year probably aren't doing it to be successful either, but just for the love of being in a band, so I don't really see how that is relevant.

• Upvote 1