aberdeen-music

Shite banter threads

Soda Jerk

Your as bad tho man, you end up in most threads posting some crap, 90% of the time i find it funny enough to be honest, but you post equally as much pish as jake, just in a different manor. Your not the only one either, and im not exactly blameless at times either, but to blame all the recent shit chat on just Jake is a bit on the harsh side, even if he has been on a bit of a spamfest lately.

It's the 'manner' which is the problem, in my opinion. It all gets a bit graphic and needless and the whole place becomes less of a forum, and more of an inane chat room. I seem to have some sort of Pet Hate stigma attached to me, which I find odd. I scanned back the last 15 pages, and I don't really chime in that much. One rant of mine led to a discussion about customer service. Another led to people recommending where to buy good fruit. Seems pretty productive to me. Much more than e-grooming.

But he isn't actually e-grooming, because i know him personally i can easily say its not that at all. It is ment as a bit of fun, sometimes it goes too far, id agree but its nothing sinister or anything even remotely like that. We're all guilty of spam at some point on here, its just some people will get more leeway with it because of the friends they have on here. There are other posters who contribute much less than Jake who wont get hammered half as much.

You may not like our "band banter" as your not part of our little jokes and thus dont find them funny like we do but, its as funny as the constant shutterspeed jokes are to those who dont understand them at all.

What about the spam in this thread, was it helpful? Did it add anything to the thread? Did it help the poster?

http://aberdeen-music.com/threads/a-few-youtube-videos.51573/

• Upvote 2

But he isn't actually e-grooming, because i know him personally i can easily say its not that at all. It is ment as a bit of fun, sometimes it goes too far, id agree but its nothing sinister or anything even remotely like that. We're all guilty of spam at some point on here, its just some people will get more leeway with it because of the friends they have on here. There are other posters who contribute much less than Jake who wont get hammered half as much.

You may not like our "band banter" as your not part of our little jokes and thus dont find them funny like we do but, its as funny as the constant shutterspeed jokes are to those who dont understand them at all.

What about the spam in this thread, was it helpful? Did it add anything to the thread? Did it help the poster?

http://aberdeen-music.com/threads/a-few-youtube-videos.51573/

But that at least happened on this forum. Your "band banter" is just banter between three mates. It's like reading a facebook conversation which is really where it should be. No one else can even get involved in that. The shutterspeed jokes began on this forum with lots of people involved and anyone can go read the thread and enjoy why it was funny.

Also I honestly can't think of anyone who posts as much as Jake. Not even thinking about contribution he replies to so many comments just with an attempted joke or whatever that half the time is ignored by everyone.

I'm not attacking Jake either if it seems like that, like I said I think he can contribute well sometimes. It just seems like he tries too hard a lot of the time.

Our band became a band purely because of this forum, and the banter we had in one particular thread, that has carried on a bit perhaps at times too much, but is it any worse than shutterspeed jokes to a new comer? If we're going to start banning all jokes unless they are understood across the board by everyone then we will end up with nothing before long.

BTW this isnt aimed at just SodaJerk or anything like that i dont want to make more enemies because of this site, i just dont think its fair to place all the blame on him, or our band banter, which as far as i can tell has been pretty limited to a couple of threads.

Our band became a band purely because of this forum, and the banter we had in one particular thread, that has carried on a bit perhaps at times too much, but is it any worse than shutterspeed jokes to a new comer? If we're going to start banning all jokes unless they are understood across the board by everyone then we will end up with nothing before long.

BTW this isnt aimed at just SodaJerk or anything like that i dont want to make more enemies because of this site, i just dont think its fair to place all the blame on him, or our band banter, which as far as i can tell has been pretty limited to a couple of threads.

I wasn't blaming any of it on your band banter. I just dont think comparing that to the shutterspeed jokes is a valid comparison. No both will look bad to a total newcomer but at least shutterspeed is appreciated over a pretty widespread portion of the users. Band chat is enjoyed by the band. Doing the chatting.

That's all I was commenting on that.

That whole thing about Shutterspeed made me vomit. It was like a bunch of 6th year guys taking the piss out of the 1st year band. Bits of it were funny, mostly it was a piley-on by Donuts. I realise it was meant to be funny, but some of it was just a bit arsey....That's Aberdeen-Music though!

• Upvote 1