aberdeen-music

Kef 20th August

SnowWhite

Guest allsystemsfail
He was asking about "the scene" not "the punk community". Jeez. You guys always throw a hissy fit whenever I give my honest opinion' date=' it's laughable, and it's your fault this happened in this thread.[/quote']

My fault? I'm sorry, but who was it that was so abusive regarding the Aberdeen music community?

Also, the punk community forms a part of the Aberdeen music scene does it not? And so, you are quite wrong in making the sweeping statements that you've made here regarding the age of those involved or attending shows + the music produced.

I should stress that I can talk only of the scene with which I am involved, and so cannot comment on others. Though, from my contact with acoustic performers here in Aberdeen, Stripey is again wrong on both counts.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stripey
My fault? I'm sorry' date=' but who was it that was so abusive regarding the Aberdeen music community?

Also, the punk community forms a part of the Aberdeen music scene does it not?[/quote']

1093355585492.jpg

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
Good bands you should check out are My Minds Weapon' date=' Contra, Nero, Black Atom, Turning 13, Fester(if your lucky enough), The Excerts(again if your lucky). But as i say it depends on what you listen to.[/quote']

Apart from Nero, i think you should use the term "good bands" very loosely for the rest of the ones you listed.

In fact, don't even use the term "good bands" loosely, just dislocate the words completely.

Stripey's entitled to his opinion' date=' just as everyone else is. Why is it, that when anyone gives an honest i.e. questioning, critical, non-fawning and non-back-slapping, opinion, they get set upon by all and sundry. Seriously, I don't mean to be a cunt for the sake of it, but "feedback" largely consists of:

"Wow, you guys were great! Hope to see you soon!"

"Hey, thanks mate, glad you liked it."

And that's pretty much it! The most critical thing you get is "Well, not really my thing, but they do it well." So, you mean that a band plays something you don't like, but they do it well? I'd rather hear someone tell me WHY they didn't like us, rather than an unquestioning and unthinking "You were ace!" That does no-one any favours, it just fosters a culture of yes-men.[/quote']

I got to agree with you here Mr. Jack Haemorrhoid Chaffeur, i too am sick and tired of reading these endless threads about gigs that went on where the only posts in a thread that consists of about 15 pages is a bunch of people going "it was kooooooool" or "it RAWKKKKKED!" or "i thot they were ace last night"...

It wouldn't be so bad if at least some people would take the time out to make a proper subjective or objective opinion of a band, i have done that plenty of times about gigs on threads or have written about in reviews i have written, maybe more painstakingly than the norm but i'd rather let a band know what are their strengths and weaknesses, if there's room for improvement or not, etc etc.

I don't really comment on gigs too much when i am at them, i usually observe as much as i can and look closely at the performance and presence of the band themselves and look for the ideas i like and don't like in the songs they play, i also look for what i hear as influences within a band's sound and also comment on that and what ideas they've derived from their influences.

There's been a few bands i have seen i thought weren't even worth any comment and were just drivelish rubbish and didn't see to be putting much effort into their music other than just to have a laugh and act the fool and show off to their mates watching them, i ain't gonna mention names but if i wanna go see a bunch of clowns, i will go to the circus and review that instead.

Most of the time these threads are being created by friends of the bands and not independent and impartial observers and because of the close-knit environment the Aberdeen music scene is, there's always going to be a level of backslapping because friends of the band are likely to have the same tastes and interests in certain types of music but i don't think threads like that do anything to help bands at all.

The problem with the Aberdeen Music Scene is that there is a lot of mediocrity swimming around in it and i don't think mediocrity requires encouragement, it requires criticism so people can work on making their sound better and improving their musical talents.

For a music scene to be a scene of some artform or medium like music, there has to be talent and creativeness to keep it thriving and to keep it vibrant, there has to be innovation and ideas around but the trouble here is bands not using those obvious talents they have to creating anything new or exciting, they're merely lumping themselves in with the rest of the pubrock covers bands who are actually making far much more money than they are and playing to more people every single weekend in some piss-soaked dive in the city yet the local bands here still want to be deemed as "artists" as well?.

I can see where Stripey is coming from regarding his comments because there aren't any bands here that are creating any kind of buzz, its just a bunch of dull bands trying hard as they can to copy what their favourite bands are doing and all dressing the same and not being in any way individualistic or creating a new scene for themselves, its just really really dull and insipid that so many musicians would rather try and be Aberdeen's answer to Blink 182 or Funeral For A Friend or whatever rather than just stand out from the crowd and be their own band.

Well I'd rather have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from our fans and the wider audience as a whole. I have no problem with criticism if it comes from something a listener/viewer has observed, and have absolutely no desire to receive insincere praise.

Really, if we played a shit gig and people said it was good that would just annoy me.

Personally, I thought we played well at Kef and the atmosphere was electric, but if people still had sensible criticisms I'd take them on board without recrimination and if I could use their comment to improve the band, I'd thank them for it.

But is that your taste or do you mean talentwise??

Both. I just don't think any of those bands do anything thats particularly anything to get excited about, some of the music is satisfactory and is catchy to listen to but its very limited in its appeal because i have heard so many similar types of bands so many other times before...it just starts to grate on you after a while and you are just waiting for that next piece of music thats going to make you excited about music again, sadly there's nothing going on in Aberdeen that makes me think there's anything worth getting excited about yet there's so many talented musicians here just wasting their talents on making music that sounds drearily like everything else thats around.

Especially in the case of Turning 13, there's other bands that do the same kind of music as they're playing and do it far better, they're certainly not a shit band by any means but they're not that great either, merely average and not doing anything that really marks them out as a talent to watch even though they clearly have a lot of talent that they can use to their advantage if they ever bother to use it to create music that doesn't sound exactly like the bands they're obviously heavily influenced by.

Point Of Origin are like that too, the songs you guys play are alright but i wouldn't say they're going to set the heather on fire at all, its obvious you guys can play your instruments well but i think is better to use your influences to create something thats truly your own creation and sounds like your own creation than create something thats a Stars In The Eyes karoake effort of another band and sometimes that creeps into your music and you think "come on, you got all this musical talent and you're just wasting it on trying to sound like all this American wannabe punk bollocks", i saw you guys play at Kef a while ago and i thought you guys had a bit of presence and i couldn't fault the performance but you tended to repeat yourselves a lot with the songs and thats where the set became dull for me plus the American-esque vocals are kind of cringeworthy as well, the music on the other hand at times can be catchy and worth a toe-tap or two but i think because of the repetition in a lot of the songs i heard, thats why i found myself faulting the show you guys were putting on a lot.

Thats just what i thought, remember though these are merely opinions

Well I'd rather have the truth' date=' the whole truth and nothing but the truth from our fans and the wider audience as a whole. I have no problem with criticism if it comes from something a listener/viewer has observed, and have absolutely no desire to receive insincere praise.

Really, if we played a shit gig and people said it was good that would just annoy me.

Personally, I thought we played well at Kef and the atmosphere was electric, but if people still had sensible criticisms I'd take them on board without recrimination and if I could use their comment to improve the band, I'd thank them for it.[/quote']

Well, that night i saw you guys play at Kef the night Del introduced me to yourself Bob, i was surprised because i was expecting a terribly inept and shambolic band who couldn't play a note and who just sounded horrifically bad but instead i saw a band that although had quite repetitive songs but who were in places quite entertaining to watch, i think Point Of Origin despite all those Fudge Worst Band of the Year accolades are at least more animated and energetic onstage than a lot of local bands here and that is wherein a lot of your strength as a band lies, i think if you lot were merely standing onstage and just playing your songs without any movement, Point Of Origin would be as dull as the proverbial ditchwater.

The songs themselves have the potential to be infectious in their catchiness but i think more variety was needed, you guys had a couple of slower songs in your set as well but i thought they just kind of broke up the momentum of the set a bit and although it broke the repetition a bit, i just thought the placing of those type of songs in the set made them seem misplaced within the set list.

its just really really dull and insipid that so many musicians would rather try and be Aberdeen's answer to Blink 182 or Funeral For A Friend or whatever rather than just stand out from the crowd and be their own band.

This is EXACTLY why I initially thought that Aberdeen had no decent bands, because pretty much every one I had heard was trying to be Blink 182 or Funeral For A Friend.

Take My Mind's Weapon for instance. Musically, they've got some good stuff, although it IS a carbon copy of Funeral For A Friend. But the problems really start with the singing, which is a BAD imitiation of FFAF, especially the dreadful shouting backing vocals. That's worse than the weedyish faux-Amercian lead vocals.

But then you've got a band like Dedalus (who I'm gonna go see in a minute) who are truly excellent in every way, from the vocals (note to aspiring singers: he's not trying to sound Amercian), to the drumming and basslines (simple but effective) to the guitars (not overly fiddly or supah doopah fast, but they sound delicately intricate). Sound a bit like Interpol or Idlewild, but better. And THAT'S what people should be aspiring to.

Why bother if you're not going to try and IMPROVE on your influences?

See i agree with you on a lot of points you made there zombie munch and i will say thanks for your honest opinion of us. As you have seen us recently your opinion is actually worth something but for people who seen us two years ago, and didnt enjoy us then, to sit there and say something is a load of bollocks.

And your right we can so more than what we're doing at the moment when it comes to our songs and how we write them but this line up, which is technically made Point an entirley new band due to the different styles me and dan play compared to Tooms and Jamsey, we have only had coming up for a year together (well dan only 6 months) and in this year i would like to think we've come along way. But some people dont seem to want to give us the time to improve and just like having a go cause maybe they didnt like "Bring on the Sluts" but the band has moved on from songs like them. Fair enough we will never be everybodys cup of tea due to the style of music we play but for people to sit there and attack us as musicsions to due the same reason is fucking bull shit.

But then you've got a band like Dedalus (who I'm gonna go see in a minute) who are truly excellent in every way' date=' from the vocals (note to aspiring singers: he's not trying to sound Amercian), to the drumming and basslines (simple but effective) to the guitars (not overly fiddly or supah doopah fast, but they sound delicately intricate). Sound a bit like Interpol or Idlewild, but better. And THAT'S what people should be aspiring to.

Why bother if you're not going to try and IMPROVE on your influences?[/quote']

Nobody should be sounding like anyone, they should be sounding like themselves.

Take your influences and build something thats entirely your own creation - DIY - Do It Yourself. Christ on a bike, surely punk in its earliest forms at least left that one legacy for any aspiring musician to follow?.

Dedalus are a decent band and i like some of the stuff they do but its nothing new and yes, a lot of what they do sounds like Interpol, who are also a good band.

They've got a good sound but at times but at other times they're seriously in danger of becoming way too self-indulgent and trying to pack too many ideas into one song and they're not the first or last local band who do that. I can think of a dozen other bands around at the moment structuring their songs in a standardised formula thats almost in danger of becoming more standardised than the verse-chorus-verse structure.

I get kind of annoyed with the same tosh all these bands that try to show off by doing something Sonic Youth or Fugazi or Shellac have been doing for years, this bloodymindedness towards structuring songs in a way that just sounds like a po-faced attempt at trying to be artistic but instead sounding tedious, its like the same fucking formula everytime - slow bit, fast bit, slow bit, fast heavy bit that is a bit slow, build that up to make it faster, slow bit again, end with fast heavy bit and make it sound artistic by ending the song with lots of squealing feedback while lying on the stage trying to look sweatily tired but "artistic"....

I think feedback should be used sparingly as well, sometimes it works and sometimes it just seems like a typical cliche amongst many of these types of bands who think it looks cool to just finish their set with walls of feedback, its as cliched as fucking pyrotechnics at a stadium rock gig...and to all that arty bands out there who do that with their performances, quit doing it, it ain't new or trendy, Velvet Underground were doing it 30 odd years ago...go figure.

See i agree with you on a lot of points you made there zombie munch and i will say thanks for your honest opinion of us. As you have seen us recently your opinion is actually worth something but for people who seen us two years ago' date=' and didnt enjoy us then, to sit there and say something is a load of bollocks.[/quote']

Well i have seen and heard worse than what i saw that night.

I think King Liar & The Brutes, Reap and Hot Mangu are amongst some of the worst bands i have ever seen and heard in this city.

And your right we can so more than what we're doing at the moment when it comes to our songs and how we write them but this line up, which is technically made Point an entirley new band due to the different styles me and dan play compared to Tooms and Jamsey, we have only had coming up for a year together (well dan only 6 months) and in this year i would like to think we've come along way. But some people dont seem to want to give us the time to improve and just like having a go cause maybe they didnt like "Bring on the Sluts" but the band has moved on from songs like them. Fair enough we will never be everybodys cup of tea due to the style of music we play but for people to sit there and attack us as musicsions to due the same reason is fucking bull shit.

Well i am sure as the band gets older and become more adept at playing different notes, the music will improve and perhaps the style of songs will change and eventually the band may carve out a niche for themselves that may perhaps mark them out from everything else thats going on.

I think the problem with a lot of bands is that they tend to rush into their music too much, its like play about ten gigs, start recording after that, maybe play a few more gigs and a couple of supports to some touring acts at Kef and then do the "E.P launch" at either Drakes or One Up and then keep our fingers crossed we're in Fopp and One Up's top 20 CD sales list for a week or so.

Then after about a year of playing, they decide to give up or try to ape another trendy band's style to sell themselves to another fanbase or whatever.

I don't mind bands copying other people's songs to hone their own musical skills in rehearsal rooms or studios or in their bedrooms but i get annoyed when bands just try to become soundalikes so they can immediately fit into a scene thats already saturated with about ten other soundalike bands trying to cling onto the same trend until it fizzles out and dies on them and becomes about as fashionable as a pair of bellbottoms in a thrift shop window.

I just wish more bands would stop giving so much of a fuck about what the industry wants to sell or an audience wants to hear and start doing their own thing.

Well i have seen and heard worse than what i saw that night.

I think King Liar & The Brutes' date=' Reap and Hot Mangu are amongst some of the worst bands i have ever seen and heard in this city.

Well i am sure as the band gets older and become more adept at playing different notes, the music will improve and perhaps the style of songs will change and eventually the band may carve out a niche for themselves that may perhaps mark them out from everything else thats going on.

I think the problem with a lot of bands is that they tend to rush into their music too much, its like play about ten gigs, start recording after that, maybe play a few more gigs and a couple of supports to some touring acts at Kef and then do the "E.P launch" at either Drakes or One Up and then keep our fingers crossed we're in Fopp and One Up's top 20 CD sales list for a week or so.

Then after about a year of playing, they decide to give up or try to ape another trendy band's style to sell themselves to another fanbase or whatever.

I don't mind bands copying other people's songs to hone their own musical skills but i get annoyed when bands just try to become soundalikes so they can immediately fit into a scene thats already saturated with about ten other soundalike bands trying to cling onto the same trend until it fizzles out and dies on them and becomes about as fashionable as a pair of bellbottoms in a thrift shop window.[/quote']

Again i agree bands do tend to come out and play gigs far to early even before they have enough of thier own songs to make a set which i think is wrong but as much of the blame for that has to go to the promoters who put on these bands who clearly are not ready for it. And to a certain extent i think it was true even with us i fell we should have spent a few more months working at it before we played our "first gig" with the new line up and this may of affected how people take us as well. I would like to think of us as more than just a band whos trying to copy someone elses sound we do try to make songs our own and maybe with the four of us now singing we will be able to do this. but as i said thanks for the opinion at least you give us advice and not just dismiss us because of our music.

Again i agree bands do tend to come out and play gigs far to early even before they have enough of thier own songs to make a set which i think is wrong but as much of the blame for that has to go to the promoters who put on these bands who clearly are not ready for it. And to a certain extent i think it was true even with us i fell we should have spent a few more months working at it before we played our "first gig" with the new line up and this may of affected how people take us as well. I would like to think of us as more than just a band whos trying to copy someone elses sound we do try to make songs our own and maybe with the four of us now singing we will be able to do this. but as i said thanks for the opinion at least you give us advice and not just dismiss us because of our music.

Well, see here's the thing squire, i got a bad rep for being a fella who hated everything and not liking anything in the local band scene, being anti-scene and blah blah blah but the truth is...i ain't like that at all.

I am pretty passionate about music, have been since the age of 13 and i love writing and talking about music, which is why i initially signed up to this thing but what really bugged me about these messageboard forums was the amount of fuckwits whose egos were far too big for their own good despite the fact that they're merely playing in bands that pull less crowds than a drunken scrap outside a back-alley boozer and sell less copies of their E.P than Your Caravan Magazine does so despite giving my honest opinion, which is usually honest in the brutal sense, i got a bad rep of being a straight-talking sarky bastard who doesn't give a shit about who what he says or who he says it to, which is what i am.

But one thing i don't do is discourage anyone from making music, i would rather encourage a band to keep going and find their very own sound and carve their very own niche and make this a vibrant music scene that will put Aberdeen on the radar because at the moment, i think there's too much emphasis and preoccupation with "making it big in the music industry" amongst a lot of people here thus more people are just starting up bands that sound like bands that are trendy.

I remember a few years ago when Oasis were the big thing that a lot of bands were just painfully trying to be like Oasis and you were thinking "why they just sounding like an Oasis tribute act?, why should i pay money to watch this when i can simply just put Definitely Maybe into the CD player and enjoy the real thing at home?"...its annoying because it ain't just one band thats doing it, its about ten or twenty all playing the same genre of music and all following the same trends that the music industry has decided is trendy and should therefore saturate the CD racks and radio and magazines like the NME and Kerrang with, it just curdles my blood.

Then i get onto the punk and hiphop thing, which are the two scenes that influence and affect my own way of thinking and attitudes towards music most, hiphop and punk was created solely by the people for the people, they weren't music industry-created scenes, they were created by people like you and me who just got a hold of some guitars and mikes and drumkits and just made a racket and created their own sounds and voices and scenes and didn't give a shit what anyone thought of it.

I ain't trying to start a revolution by what i say but i just wish people would think for themselves and do their own thing and not get influenced by the media or whats popular, the most exciting about music is when you hear something that sounds raw and exciting and at the moment in Aberdeen, there isn't really anything going on that makes me think there is anything to be excited about, it all just sounds like a bunch of dreary bands and artists just trying to replicate their favourite bands' sounds to impress their mates...

I think this is basically what Stripey was probably trying to say...but you know Stripey, he doesn't tend to choose his words too well.

Guest prerogative
Well I'd rather have the truth' date=' the whole truth... I have no problem with criticism if it comes from something a listener/viewer has observed, and have absolutely no desire to receive insincere praise.[/quote']

alright then, not long since i seen you and your band, not on the date in question i might say, but the majority of your songs sound really a like, in fact when played live it's impossible for a non fan like i to distinguish which is which, unlike when there were such classics as 'bring on the sluts' and 'jock girls'

the vocals as well as the instruments are very much alike throughout as well, maybe it'd be beneficial to yourselves to vary what you play, be it faster or slower, louder or quieter(new song for example, a slight change to the norm come acustom too with PoO),

(see Quik for example, remember the old skool quik, threes a crowd springs to mind, as does, fast to nowhere, real up tempo punkish(very loose term, for lack of better word), and now look at them, i'd like not to label in, for backlash of what i type wrong, but you, yourself will know how they're sounding now compared to maybe 18 months ago, see the difference time, input and an idea can gO?)

heh, to cut it down into simple words, try something new, as stated it's a new line up, so why not instead of sticking to the same drivel get a collective meeting with the band and seek input from each and everyone about stuff, be it what way to go, not to go, who's best for vocals on certain jobs, yak yak yak , ye get me?

Well' date=' see here's the thing squire, i got a bad rep for being a fella who hated everything and not liking anything in the local band scene, being anti-scene and blah blah blah but the truth is...i ain't like that at all.

I am pretty passionate about music, have been since the age of 13 and i love writing and talking about music, which is why i initially signed up to this thing but what really bugged me about these messageboard forums was the amount of fuckwits whose egos were far too big for their own good despite the fact that they're merely playing in bands that pull less crowds than a drunken scrap outside a back-alley boozer and sell less copies of their E.P than Your Caravan Magazine does so despite giving my honest opinion, which is usually honest in the brutal sense, i got a bad rep of being a straight-talking sarky bastard who doesn't give a shit about who what he says or who he says it to, which is what i am.

But one thing i don't do is discourage anyone from making music, i would rather encourage a band to keep going and find their very own sound and carve their very own niche and make this a vibrant music scene that will put Aberdeen on the radar because at the moment, i think there's too much emphasis and preoccupation with "making it big in the music industry" amongst a lot of people here thus more people are just starting up bands that sound like bands that are trendy.

I remember a few years ago when Oasis were the big thing that a lot of bands were just painfully trying to be like Oasis and you were thinking "why they just sounding like an Oasis tribute act?, why should i pay money to watch this when i can simply just put Definitely Maybe into the CD player and enjoy the real thing at home?"...its annoying because it ain't just one band thats doing it, its about ten or twenty all playing the same genre of music and all following the same trends that the music industry has decided is trendy and should therefore saturate the CD racks and radio and magazines like the NME and Kerrang with, it just curdles my blood.

Then i get onto the punk and hiphop thing, which are the two scenes that influence and affect my own way of thinking and attitudes towards music most, hiphop and punk was created solely by the people for the people, they weren't music industry-created scenes, they were created by people like you and me who just got a hold of some guitars and mikes and drumkits and just made a racket and created their own sounds and voices and scenes and didn't give a shit what anyone thought of it.

I ain't trying to start a revolution by what i say but i just wish people would think for themselves and do their own thing and not get influenced by the media or whats popular, the most exciting about music is when you hear something that sounds raw and exciting and at the moment in Aberdeen, there isn't really anything going on that makes me think there is anything to be excited about, it all just sounds like a bunch of dreary bands and artists just trying to replicate their favourite bands' sounds to impress their mates...

I think this is basically what Stripey was probably trying to say...but you know Stripey, he doesn't tend to choose his words too well.[/quote']

There are a lot of idiots on here i agree and a lot of egos but i suppose thats what happens everywhere. Keep being honest im sure more people will apreciate the fact you are telling the truth rather than just saying what people want you to hear.

What i want to know is three or four years ago Aberdeen had an excellent music scene with some really exciting bands but now that seems to have died off some. And now all there seems to be is bitching and slagging off each other not because of music but because of who you like or whatever. What happened!!??

As for stripey anyone who attacks my musical ability because i play in a pop/punk band is a complete tosser and for that reason i cant take what he says without thinking this guy speaks shit.

Guest Stripey

As for stripey anyone who attacks my musical ability because i play in a pop/punk band is a complete tosser and for that reason i cant take what he says without thinking this guy speaks shit.

I'm not attacking your musical ability, christ, I can barely play the piano. It's your *creative* ability which I think is lacking. (and I mean the band as a whole, not any individual). This is what I find frustrating, if I had years of lessons and practice with any instrument, I wouldn't be sitting around putting it to waste churning out stuff for mass consumption. But you know, maybe you just aren't particularly creative guys.

Guest prerogative

ahh, stripey. he knows how to be blunt, 'creative' that's the word i was looking for, i agree with stripeys last post, he makes sense. perfect sense. nae diggin, a lot of bands from the 'deen could take note from that, nae just poO

There are a lot of idiots on here i agree and a lot of egos but i suppose thats what happens everywhere. Keep being honest im sure more people will apreciate the fact you are telling the truth rather than just saying what people want you to hear.

Which is why this whole argument about backslapping started up in the first place' date=' the fact that a lot of people at the start of this thread are just telling their mates in bands that their band is ace and that in itself could be construed as being "asskissing" or "backslapping".

What i want to know is three or four years ago Aberdeen had an excellent music scene with some really exciting bands but now that seems to have died off some. And now all there seems to be is bitching and slagging off each other not because of music but because of who you like or whatever. What happened!!??

Well, that comes down to the cliqueyness of this place, there's a kind of mob/gang mentality amongst certain cliques of people within this music scene at times.

But i'd rather there be some kind of conflicts going on in these messageboards than everyone just being yes men and accepting and agreeing with everyone's opinions and being nice to one another...Phillip Johnston would probably disagree with me there because thats cos he's a hippie...KILL ALL HIPPIES!

I think he is actually encouraging you to use your musical abilities to create your own music and not using it to create music that hundreds of thousands of other bands are probably playing all over the world.

But hey, you paid for your instruments, i ain't gonna preach to Point Of Origin what music you should be playing with them.

..I think that we should all just sound the same then everyone would be happy! We should all constantly backslap eachother because its fun!! Everyone has to say my band is great or i beat them up...critisism is for bummers...we should go about all day telling eachother how great we are...because every one loves a cocky bastard..lets let this thread go its gone to a ridiculous size and is full of a load of crap about nothing....and it aint gonna help anyone plus no one here needs help were all fuckin great......i'm not quite sure what the tone of this post is supposed to be..work it out.... your all so smart.....infact ....review it guys!! Critisize me.....or some backslapping maybe? haha need sleep.....ufhrfefkrwqfr