aberdeen-music

Kef 20th August

SnowWhite

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scorge Spike
I don't claim to be shit hot' date=' and I certainly don't inflict what are essentially practice tracks, on paying audiences.[/quote']

And yet............

Good for you. FYI I have had a track played to a paying audience in a very discerning clubnight in san francisco' date=' and they lapped it up, so go figure. I certainly will not be giving up.[/quote']

:rolleyes:

Good for you. FYI I have had a track played to a paying audience in a very discerning clubnight in san francisco' date=' and they lapped it up, so go figure. I certainly will not be giving up.[/quote']

FYI? ok ..... you definately went down well in san franscisco ...want some cranberry juice? So what kinda club was this? ...yeh all kidding aside you can't ever insult an entire scene..that is a rediculous generalisation you have made and ...you have the nerve to ask why people are turning on your music? its because most of these bands have worked their asses off to get where thy are so not even Simon Dickhead from poop idol could tell them they are crap...which is why you have got this reaction... no one's askin you to give up music... just give up trying to win fights which were started for stupid reasons and for which you have no argument at all

I have a lot more stuff than the few things I put on my website ;)

Oh aye, so you put your mediocre tracks online but keep the *really good* stuff to yourself in the hope that some trendies from San Fran wanna hear it.

You're such a fucking joke.

We've had about 9000 people listen to our music this year alone and have had amazing feed back from it. And thats from people all over the world not just this *boring* music scene.

But according to you we suck!

Go figure.

Guest allsystemsfail
j

And you know' date=' I'm sorry to say it, but there's no accounting for taste either when it comes to the audience for this stuff, when most of the people who go to these gigs are basically into pop music.[/quote']

Filthpact pop? Fighting Shit, Boxed In, Severed Head Of State, The Dagda, and Social Insecurity pop?

Guest allsystemsfail

Proving only that you're wrong.

Also, I shall ask you again - why, if you despise the Aberdeen music scene as much as you say, do you post on a messageboard largely dedicated to it? Coz you haven't answered this.

Guest Stripey
Proving only that you're wrong.

Also' date=' I shall ask you again - why, if you despise the Aberdeen music scene as much as you say, do you post on a messageboard largely dedicated to it? Coz you haven't answered this.[/quote']

1093491599689.gif

what a big pigeon licker........what are you getting out of this? The satisfaction of pissing everyone off? Your prowd that your only fans are across the atlantic......Good fuckin luck gettin them to your gigs! Go away!! This thread was about an ace gig before you came along....you just had to taint it didn't you?? Well everyone here spotted you as a wank so piss off stripey.....(see what i did there ...my god....give me a medal...)

what a big pigeon licker........what are you getting out of this? The satisfaction of pissing everyone off? Your prowd that your only fans are across the atlantic......Good fuckin luck gettin them to your gigs! Go away!! This thread was about an ace gig before you came along....you just had to taint it didn't you?? Well everyone here spotted you as a wank so piss off stripey.....(see what i did there ...my god....give me a medal...)

Hehe shamon muthafucka!!

Nuff said about that prick!!!

Back to the gig. What a night i have some photos in my gallery if you want to see any of them.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Stripey's entitled to his opinion, just as everyone else is. Why is it, that when anyone gives an honest i.e. questioning, critical, non-fawning and non-back-slapping, opinion, they get set upon by all and sundry. Seriously, I don't mean to be a cunt for the sake of it, but "feedback" largely consists of:

"Wow, you guys were great! Hope to see you soon!"

"Hey, thanks mate, glad you liked it."

And that's pretty much it! The most critical thing you get is "Well, not really my thing, but they do it well." So, you mean that a band plays something you don't like, but they do it well? I'd rather hear someone tell me WHY they didn't like us, rather than an unquestioning and unthinking "You were ace!" That does no-one any favours, it just fosters a culture of yes-men.

Why is it' date=' that when anyone gives an honest i.e. questioning, critical, non-fawning and non-back-slapping, opinion, they get set upon by all and sundry. [/quote']

*sigh*

Well I would've thought that a pre-requisite of having FEEDBACK on any gig would be to actually have attended. Stripey isn't here to participate in discussing the topic of the thread, he's here to disrupt it as usual and register his utter contempt for aberdeen's music scene. He's the biggest twat I've never met.

The most critical thing you get is "Well' date=' not really my thing, but they do it well." So, you mean that a band plays something you don't like, but they do it well? I'd rather hear someone tell me WHY they didn't like us, rather than an unquestioning and unthinking "You were ace!" That does no-one any favours, it just fosters a culture of yes-men.[/quote']

Here, I agree with you completely. But that comment was comedically funny in it's own little way.

Guest Sundaram
*sigh*

Well I would've thought that a pre-requisite of having FEEDBACK on any gig would be to actually have attended. Stripey isn't here to participate in discussing the topic of the thread' date=' he's here to disrupt it as usual and register his utter contempt for aberdeen's music scene. He's the biggest twat I've never met.

[/quote']

Have you met him in person?

Guest Stripey
*sigh*

Well I would've thought that a pre-requisite of having FEEDBACK on any gig would be to actually have attended. Stripey isn't here to participate in discussing the topic of the thread' date=' he's here to disrupt it as usual and register his utter contempt for aberdeen's music scene. He's the biggest twat I've never met.

Here, I agree with you completely. But that comment was comedically funny in it's own little way.[/quote']

1093591695919.jpg

Actually I only posted in this thread because someone asked the state of the Aberdeen scene, and I had to give my honest opinion.

Have you met him in person?
He's the biggest twat I've never met.
Actually I only posted in this thread because someone asked the state of the Aberdeen scene' date=' and I had to give my honest opinion.[/quote']

If I had a little picture that said "wanker alert" I could be as completely lacking in humour as you - only I'd be hitting the mark.