aberdeen-music

Kef 20th August

SnowWhite

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last night was one of the best gigs ive been to in a while!

For everyone who moans that people dont stay down the front for gigs nowadays should have been there last night there were as many people watching from the start to the finish

and they were all down the front. thanks to everyone who was there you were all brilliant.

As for the music i thought all the bands were really good last night. Crashdown were awsome hope to see them again, 5 finger discount were good as well although i really dont like the covers get rid of them guys, and Broken sunshine played really well last night i thought one of their best gigs ive seen. how you played the last song i will never know but well done!!!!

DEESC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know people think im over exaggerating but that was one of the best gigs his year. Every band was entertaining in their own little way.

Crashdown-These guys pretty much made this night ace. heir songs reminded of TBS,Brand New with some cool harmonic solo's. Great laugh as well and great to see band having fun on stage and not taking it too seriously.

Five Finger Discount- Much more confident this time around at Kef since their previous show at Dr Drakes. They seem to have a good fan base which I guess was one of the reasons tehy were more confident. Have a sound that is similar to Captain Everything but with more heavier bits and solo's asell. I hope it is the last time they play the Fresh Prince of Bel Air song as im sure it will get annoying hearing it for a third time. The cover of the Ramones song was ace:).

Point Of Origin-Fucking hell their set was awesome. I said to Aileen beforehand that it would make my night if people got dancing to PoO and they did thanks to the Crashdown boys! Really liking the fast new song reminds me of their old stuff. A lot of jumping and moshing from the crowd and 2 songs that stood out were "Anyone Can play Rock Guitar" merely because I love that song to bits and at the end Ryan got the crowd to sing the last bit, and "Blink You Miss it" as it was very mellow with everyone having their lighters up. Probably best band of the night.

Broken Sunshine-Wow cant beleive I was dancing to them but I was again thanks to the Crashdown boys. Loved their fast song that sounds kinda country with distortion and the last song they finished.Great at the end with all teh bands on stage.

Great night and was really packed:).

everyone's been really great about that gig and we appreciate the grat responce we've got from Aberdeen.. we hope to come back really soon coz all of the bands were fantastic and the atmosphere.. my legs are aching from rockin out so much but i can garauntee that next time....we'll do exactly the same....mebbe with less fuck ups in our actuall set though lol

i agree with camie, it was the best gig i've been to this year. ok i may be a bitty biased but Five Finger Discount were amazing! i don't think i've ever seen them with so much energy. Crashdown were really really good and i hope they come back soon, they certainly knew how to get the crowd going. Broken Sunshine - i think that's the best i've ever seen them play, well done guys! PoO, not my type of music and i wasnt there for most of the set but they are good at what they do. again well done to all the bands, great gig and i've got plenty of pics that'll be up in my gallery when i get them developed. x

I'd just like to say thanks to the other bands who were great and give a huge :up: to everyone in the audience who stayed, moshed and sang though our set which made it the most fun gig we've played this year.

You were awesome!

I'd also like to say thank you to the other bands who played, I had an amazing time. It was probably the best gig ive been to in ages, due to the audience and bands being brilliant! It was so great to see most people stay til the very end, and also to see people dancing away! It was brilliant, the highlight would definatly be when we got all the bands onstage, that was so much fun! The best gig I've ever played, but not the best I've personally played-I fucked up a lot! Thanks again to everyone who came and stayed :D

That was the best gig Ive been to all summer, absolutely made my night, an amazing way to spend my last evening in Aberdeen!

Crashdown were awesome, really really liked them a lot, hope to see them again soon.

5FD, yup, a lot better than Drakes but still room for improvement maybe? Who cares, they enjoyed themselves, that much was clear, guess thats all that matters!!

PoO - I fucking love you, but I guess you know that!

Broken Sunshine - had only seen the acoustic set prior to Friday's gig and didnt think I was gonna like them full band, but holy hell they knocked me socks off! Really love the harmonies and your sound is great. Maybe you can post me an ep when its out? :)

What an awesome night, if only I wasnt wearing flip flops and I mighta thrown myself into that crazy ass mosh pit as well! :up:

Guest Ewan SSR
ok i may be a bitty biased but Five Finger Discount were amazing! i don't think i've ever seen them with so much energy.

That's not really hard as they've only played two gigs.

I thought it was great, especially since i don't get to go to gigs as often as i would like to. I can't help but be biased about Five Finger Discount too!

Thats the first time ive seen the other bands play though (like i said, don't get to go 2 gigs as much as id like) and they were bloody ace, although i could only stay 4 one song by Broken Sunshine - had to go get the bus home. Probably see them again anyway!

I thought it was great' date=' especially since i don't get to go to gigs as often as i would like to. I can't help but be biased about Five Finger Discount too!

Thats the first time ive seen the other bands play though (like i said, don't get to go 2 gigs as much as id like) and they were bloody ace, although i could only stay 4 one song by Broken Sunshine - had to go get the bus home. Probably see them again anyway![/quote']

your not Dane's little sister are you? sorry if your not, im just curious.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Caught the last 2 Crashdown songs, pretty decent!

I thought 5FD were balls to be honest, but then they're new, so that's cool...Practice Practice Practice....

I thought that it was the best Point gig I've ever witnessed, full of energy, tight as hell with great songs, simple as that, the other bands hold no comparison whatsoever...

I had to leave before Broken Sunshine again...i'm sorry Lisa...Soon...

I reckon the variety of bands was so diverse that there was somehting for eveyone (yes i've been watching countdown...so sue me..) it was ace...man i'm so tired right now...still aint recovered from that gig probably because of ....something....tiring...like rockin out so much ....can't wait till the next one on the 10th ! but hey that photo is cool! Its a good one of POo bot it has our petey in it...kinda ruins it no?

from afar

so is moshulu where zuu used to be then?

sounds like the place is pretty good - live bands and stuff - i have been on the other side of the world for a year so i have never heard of moshulu but i am big into live music and play in a band when i'm back home so any decent live venues are a good thing

i am so out of touch with the aberdeen music scene - can someone give me a sort of round-up of the current scene cos i'm coming home in 2 months and want to get right into it.

cheers

Guest Sundaram

Hey but folks are diggin my india/folk/jazz influenced demo's, even Stripey likes it so ney!!!

at last' date=' an interesting project from an aberdeen artist ! joy![/quote']

:up:

Introduction: http://www.neuscan.com/Untitled.wma

Vrindavan: http://www.neuscan.com/Vrindavan.wma

The Traveller: http://www.neuscan.com/3--the_traveller.mp3

Sundaram part one: http://www.neuscan.com/sundaram_part_one.mp3

Sundaram part two: http://www.neuscan.com/rupa--mix_1.wma

Sound: http://www.neuscan.com/death.wav