aberdeen-music

I think someone just tried to burgle my flat!

Paranoid Android

is it a rented flat? perhaps someone who used to live there who didnt give back all the sets of keys?

yeah it is a rented flat. Now I've been told there was an incident before I moved in where someone maybe came into the flat at night but they didn't bother changing the locks that time!

And it's not a simple yale lock it's one that should be much more secure. So I think someone is out there with a set of keys for the flat.

yeah it is a rented flat. Now I've been told there was an incident before I moved in where someone maybe came into the flat at night but they didn't bother changing the locks that time!

And it's not a simple yale lock it's one that should be much more secure. So I think someone is out there with a set of keys for the flat.

Changing the locks is expensive. You ever seen Home Alone?

If it's a yale type lock with a buzzer release then all you really need to do is push the door so it's hard against the lock then give it a swift kick to open it. The magnetic lock still works afterwards.

We have this in our flats and due to junkies/kids etc it gets booted open at least once every couple of months.

This time no ones even bothered to phone up to get it fixed, the junkies aren't doing enough to get kicked out and it'll be a waste of money to continually get it fixed.

We have this in our flats and due to junkies/kids etc it gets booted open at least once every couple of months.

This time no ones even bothered to phone up to get it fixed, the junkies aren't doing enough to get kicked out and it'll be a waste of money to continually get it fixed.

Why don't you phone?

We had a similar lock on an old flat - the ones with the red button and the tube that runs from the locking unit to the top of the door. The locksmith was like "They'll no break THAT lock" and he was right. The neds boots the door in so badly that the door itself split from top to bottom, right down the middle. Lock was fine.

• Upvote 2

Because my maw 'n' paw own the flat, if they phone the council go "you want it fixed you pay." And i think there's... 3 out of 6 in the block that own and no one wants to pay for a junkie to be an arsehole.

The council should still fix it, if there are any number of Council properties in the block. If there's 50% or more private owners in the block, then you (or your folks) will be invoiced their share of the bill.

Someone who doesn't live here anymore started an argument with one of the old junkies once, whilst a little drunk. Got kicked the shit out of for his troubles, when had every right to tell them to fuck off.

My mum went down to them with a baseball bat once. Brilliantly funny. She's little over 5 foot.

Shite that they have to pay though. We already miss out on free kitchens and stuff.

It's subsidised, and the council pay the share of the 3 council properties in the block, so you only pay a fraction of the bill. It should be pretty fair price. Also, if it's damaged through Anti Aocial Behavior, more often than not, the private tenants won't have to pay at all.

The new crime prevention doors the council are fitting now are built like tanks. Worth looking into. The next time a junkie tries to kick it in, he will probably break his foot. Double justice.

It's subsidised, and the council pay the share of the 3 council properties in the block, so you only pay a fraction of the bill. It should be pretty fair price. Also, if it's damaged through Anti Aocial Behavior, more often than not, the private tenants won't have to pay at all.

The new crime prevention doors the council are fitting now are built like tanks. Worth looking into. The next time a junkie tries to kick it in, he will probably break his foot. Double justice.

Aye I'll tell my folks about them.

I'm pretty sure my parents got a pretty hefty bill once for a door and just told the council to fuck right off, and fuck right off they did.

I get where you're coming from. But I think my dad wasn't too flush either at the time and his argument was "What if I didn't own my flat? You'd be fixing it anyway, now fuck off and get it done. Because if we can't sell our flat due to a shite door and junkie neighbours remember you HAVE to buy it back."

I don't think they want to sell it anymore, but the first part of the argument still stands.